Ongoing Quilt Projects, Continued from the "No Appreciation...." Thread

This one seems up my alley. Where can you buy strips like that?! Do you have to go to a quilting store? I had to cut everything by hand for my last quilt. It took me about a month working every other day on it just to get everything cut

I like this one too. Not a billion points to match up.

I cut with a rotary cutter and self-healing mat so I cut my own strips. You can get jelly roll strips, which is what they're called, at places like Hobby Lobby and any fabric store. I'd avoid actual quilt shops, way too pricey!
I know right?! I went in one one time and i swear to you she had fabric for 12 dollars a yard. No thank you

I'm recently unemployed and i was thinking about starting a new quilt to keep me busy. Ive only done one and it took me several years to complete due to all the hand embroidery: Anybody have patterns or ideas for beginner to intermediate quilters? Im looking to do a full size quilt...not queen like this one. I had to hand quilt this because i couldnt turn it on my machine since it is so heavy. My machine is also from 1975 or something like that so i dont have the fancy bells and whistles. It still works though so i cant bring myself to upgrade
Gorgeous work! Look up Angela Walters on YouTube. She has tutorials in free motion quilting on your machine, It doesn't have to a huge or fancy machine. It's doable.

I watch a lot of videos on YouTube from Alanda Craft and Missouri Star. There are a lot of great simple yet beautiful quilt tutorials from them.

I made this one.

I did not put all the blocks into one quilt. I actually made 2 that came out about 48" x 78" .

This one is a four patch on point with borders. I am still doing the quilting on it. Shown is just the quilt top. I followed the video below to learn this one.
Great job!!

This one seems up my alley. Where can you buy strips like that?! Do you have to go to a quilting store? I had to cut everything by hand for my last quilt. It took me about a month working every other day on it just to get everything cut

Watch Missouri Star Quilt Co's Daily Deals. They feature strip sets quite often sometimes under $20

I'd avoid actual quilt shops, way too pricey!
Where's the fun in that? :p

I cut with a rotary cutter and self-healing mat so I cut my own strips. You can get jelly roll strips, which is what they're called, at places like Hobby Lobby and any fabric store. I'd avoid actual quilt shops, way too pricey!
Hobby lobby you say:confused: I have to go there anyways for thread. I have that and michaels near me but i usually avoid them...too pricey and poor selection. Im super excited about this project. Ill post when i have something

Gorgeous work! Look up Angela Walters on YouTube. She has tutorials in free motion quilting on your machine, It doesn't have to a huge or fancy machine. It's doable.
Ill check her out. Im self taught. No one in my immediately family quilts. They are a "just buy it" type of folk. I want to get my skill with it. Perhaps to sell but mostly for warmth.

Don't forget that Hobby Lobby and Joanna have coupons online and in the Sunday paper.
I am pretty sure there are mailers too if you sign up for them.

The Joanna coupons would be a good way to get templates, cutting mats, cutters and rulers at a huge discount.
Trying to get a hold of a coupon now...internet is slow. They have a 40 percent off on their website. Im so excited i spilled my coffee

Trying to get a hold of a coupon now...internet is slow. They have a 40 percent off on their website. Im so excited i spilled my coffee

Steadyyyyy! No need to lose your coffee.
They often do the 40% off coupons. They will have more I assure you.

Oh and at Joanns I often get a 50% off coupon printed with my receipt.

Last edited:
I had to hand quilt this because i couldnt turn it on my machine since it is so heavy. My machine is also from 1975 or something like that so i dont have the fancy bells and whistles. It still works though so i cant bring myself to upgrade

I like to do straight line quilting with a walking foot on my domestic machines. The walking foot (if your 70s machine doesn't have one, I bet you can buy one that will fit your shank) keeps it all together and with some creative arranging of an ironing board and or card tables I can support a large quilt.

A lot of quilts look really nice with just straight lines.
12832381_10208973073990492_4895100053883437266_n.jpg

49895619_10218391744451367_5873145710290927616_n.jpg

Back
Top Bottom