Online Hatcheries?

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by ponygal12, Dec 18, 2009.

1. ponygal12

ponygal12 Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 29, 2009
    New Hampshire
    I know here is already a list on here about online hatcheries. I was wondering if anyone recomended any hatchries in the New England area? I was looking at the Randall Burkey Hatchery in Texas. Opinions? Recomended Hatcheries?

2. poultrypatch

poultrypatch Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 15, 2009
    Rochester
    I'm from MA and ordered my chicks last Sept from Ideal..think in TX. Arrived in great shape, no complaints. They sent them out on a Wed morning and arrived here the next day. PO called me at 6 am to say they were there. I couldn't find anything local. I think if you look for local folks hatching that's do able. I do know that some grain stores get chicks in early spring. But then you'd be limited to what was available...which may not be the breeds you want. There's a couple of place on East coast...OH and PA. Good luck.
    Liz
    Rochester, MA

3. popcornpuppy

popcornpuppy Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 19, 2009
    Holland, Massachusetts
    I too am in MA, and I too have ordered from Ideal. They are in Texas, but I got my chicks next day just like poultrypatch did.
    Mypetchicken.com is supossedly out of Connecticut, but I think they ship from other parts of the country. CT is just where they process the orders. I have not ordered from other hatcheries, so I don't know how long it takes them to ship to New England. But I would recommend Ideal because I have had great service from them.

4. chickenshagg

chickenshagg THE ALPHA ROO

Apr 18, 2009
    St. Charles, MO
    I live in Missouri and ordered from MYPETCHICKEN. I have been very pleased with the quality of the chicks that I got from them.

5. ponygal12

ponygal12 Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 29, 2009
    New Hampshire
    Thanks guys! I'll check out some of thos hatcheries. [​IMG]

6. Matoe

Matoe Out Of The Brooder

Mar 18, 2009
    crystal coast NC
    Look for a hatchery closer to home than Texas I got my birds from Meyer hatchery in Polk ohio all birds showed alive and well. Also if the last leg of shipping could take a extra day but if you call the postmaster let him know your birds are coming Have him call you when they arrive. I drove 140 miles round trip to pick up my birds 24 hrs sooner. Pura Vida Matoe

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by