Online Large Fowl Chat Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

I have tried two different times to post a pic with my post, and I end up losing the whole thing. So this time I will try to add the pic later. The quail duplex is pretty much done, just need to put in hooks to hold the feeders and waterers. Today I went and bought feed, and picked up a couple of items at wallyworld. After I came home, I went over to set up the watering system for my neighbor's rabbits. It started sprinkling, I kept working, then it rained harder, and I still kept working. Finally it was pouring, but I was already wet so I just kept on. Now it is done. After a while I worked on mine, and now there are four less rabbit bottles to fill. Sold two bunnies and 7 dozen eggs yesterday. Might go to the sale at R&J Saturday, if the weather will cooperate. I won't go if it is going to rain.
Now, I will try in a bit to post a pic of my Silver Laced Cochin hens...

Last edited by a moderator:
So I had a super day at the sale today in Jackson! Sold more than any other sale besides an auction. Then I came home and sold two more bunnies, after selling three this morning. Now I have to work on taming the three week olds, all 8 of them. The quail duplex is finished, so they go in there tomorrow.
Only a week until we go on vacation, so excited!

Nova Scotia is beautiful this time of year! Some rain, but so nice and cool. Went to town yesterday and got stuff to redecorate MIL's bathroom. Nice to have a break from the farm.

Well , so far I have only been shopping and to MIL house, but I plan to post some later. Thanks for asking. We lived here for 20 + years.

Hi hot! Not trying to change the subject from your gorgeous surroundings ....but do you have any salmon favorelles? We want to start a flock in the spring after some real downsizing....just wondering we love your eggs...:D

Last edited:
I used to have a flock, but they are very sensitive to heat. Lost a bunch despite all measures to hot weather last year and sold the rest. Had to cut back. But they do have super personalities.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom