Online Large Fowl Chat Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rain, please , Mother Nature! We need it SO badly.I was out watering the chickens , and the soil is so dry , the water just runs over the top instead of soaking in.
I have the portable pen almost done, just needs one door. Can't wait to move those young chickens out of the brooder.

Today I bought three triplex cages from Craigslist with water bottles, feeders, and some nest boxes for $60. Woot!
celebrate.gif
Saving me time and money, and giving me room for 9 bunnies I have been growing out. Another doe is pulling fur for her nest, so she should kindle soon.
Finished the portable run for the young bantams, except I need to put perches , waterer and feeder in place. I'll be glad to get them out of the brooder.

Went to the flea market in Ripley, MS today. Was disappointed to see a lot of various sick animals. I did see some nice bantams, but afraid I might bring home problems . Won't be going back there any time soon.
Went to the hardware store today and got the fittings as well as tubing to set up the next watering system for the rabbits. i will be really happy when I get that project done. Getting the rabbit cages organized , does in one area, bucks in another. Threw together another nest box, my chocolate Dutch doe is due to kindle soon. That will probably be the last litter until it cools off some.
My latest granddaughter, Leah.
love.gif

The portable flight for the banties is done, and in place, full of chickens. Next project, a duplex for the quail, since the other one I built is full of bantams. Two litters of bunnies on the ground, and one more due. Wait until you see these cuties!

Last edited by a moderator:
Today DH helped me get the frame for the quail duplex built, and I put the wire on the bottom. I didn't sleep well last night, so I spent a lot of time sleeping this afternoon. Trying to get my CEUs finished so I can renew my nursing license.
Very dry here, had to water the garden. Going to be a poor harvest here this year. Did eat some blackberries and cherry tomatoes today. I think the apples are going to be small unless we get some rain.

Oh my goodness! The new bunnies are so adorable. The weather is really dry here too, we really need some rain Yesterday I listed my flock of 9 adult Slate Guineas on Craiglist for $25.00 each...I think that might be a little high, but there seems to be a big demand for Guineas and nobody has any for sale, so maybe I can get my asking price. I really need the money for a payment this month.

Took a bunch of pictures of various fowl that I need to sell, so I'll be posting those on BYC and CL today.

Hope all is well with you Deb.

Blessings

~ Aspen

Hey Aspen, I hope you get your price. We are lucky to get $10 for guineas around here. But the keets have been selling really well.
It has turned up the heat, and still dry as can be. It was 95 in Henderson when I went to get some hardware and do other errands. I just finished feeding, the only cool time to do things is midnight or later. Tomorrow I have to get more feed. Saturday is the sale at Scotts Hill again, and Tractor Supply in Jackson. Torn as to which one I should attend. I really need to make sure I sell these ducks.

Hey Aspen, I hope you get your price. We are lucky to get $10 for guineas around here. But the keets have been selling really well.
It has turned up the heat, and still dry as can be. It was 95 in Henderson when I went to get some hardware and do other errands. I just finished feeding, the only cool time to do things is midnight or later. Tomorrow I have to get more feed. Saturday is the sale at Scotts Hill again, and Tractor Supply in Jackson. Torn as to which one I should attend. I really need to make sure I sell these ducks.
I hope you can get them sold. Just listed some Call ducks of various ages, working on listing some Coronation/Light Sussex, and LF Black Orpington juveniles on there. Then I have to list three adult drakes. I'm thinking about posting them on BYC as well. I'd feel better if more of my birds went to BYC'er than random CL people.

~ Aspen

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom