online ordering

Lots of good options. For top show quality and best production, go with Holderread's Waterfowl Farm (but you have to use a paper order form, they may be sold out, and they don't sell sexed ducklings). holderreadfarm.com

If you just want good production and hardy birds, several options come to mind: McMurray, Metzer, and Ideal are often used on these boards. My two runner hens are from McMurray (the rest of my birds are Holderread) stock, and they're hardy, productive birds.

Good luck--ducks are great.
smile.png

Jaciblue I see you are looking at ordering ducks and are in new Orleans. Please reply back to me if you are. I have been trying to find someone to do an order with, to cut down on shipping and min order cost. Please reply if interested

Thanks

Ditto what iamcuriositycat said. I ordered from Metzer and all of mine are fine. Though ordering atm with the heat and everything I would go with Ideal just because they are closer.

You could also look around to see if there are any local breeders of whatever breeds you want - local ducklings will be less stressed. If you aren't looking for show stock, your local feed store may get some in too.

I ordered ducks from Ideal back in March. They are wonderful ducks and I would recommend them......but get the insurance to not have them add roos as packing peanuts. I receive 4 nasty RIR's that I rehomed a few weeks ago.

I'm fairly certain Holderreads is done for the year, but I'm REALLY happy with the ducklings I got from them. First ordering experience for me and it went very smoothly. The ducklings are fantastic, each and every one the picture of health.

It was so cute when I opened the box the for the first time, they all looked up and went "mommy?".... Haha... well, maybe they didn't say that. But it looked like they did!
lol.png

Back
Top Bottom