Only 3

Caroline0615

Chirping
May 11, 2020
Okay so it’s been a rough couple days for me and my babies. 4 hatched and one died last night. She died because she was too weak and she couldn’t move properly like the others to get out of the heat. She also had a very swollen belly full of yolk. The others are doing perfect. Im trying to convince my dad to let me buy chicks that are the same age as these babies because a 3 week old chick and a 1 day old chick, just no. I don’t have the space for 3 different ages of chickens. Does anyone have any websites they recommend that sell live chicks? I’d like a pretty good rating for them and I’d love to be able to get a minimum of 6-8

Attachments

• 5774422C-4C70-41BC-911B-442FEA687195.jpeg
    5774422C-4C70-41BC-911B-442FEA687195.jpeg
    268.4 KB · Views: 5
  • 7C02EBF6-481C-4260-9551-4FE3A56782E2.jpeg
    7C02EBF6-481C-4260-9551-4FE3A56782E2.jpeg
    436.1 KB · Views: 2
Hatcheries, Tractor Supply, Ebay, sites online-There are numerous places to buy chicks. Even on this site: click on Forums (above by the BYC logo), scroll down to the bottom and you will find a forum for folks to sell eggs, chicks, etc.

Okay so it’s been a rough couple days for me and my babies. 4 hatched and one died last night. She died because she was too weak and she couldn’t move properly like the others to get out of the heat. She also had a very swollen belly full of yolk. The others are doing perfect. Im trying to convince my dad to let me buy chicks that are the same age as these babies because a 3 week old chick and a 1 day old chick, just no. I don’t have the space for 3 different ages of chickens. Does anyone have any websites they recommend that sell live chicks? I’d like a pretty good rating for them and I’d love to be able to get a minimum of 6-8
What breed are they? I'd advertise on Craigslist. You can advertise on the BST section on here too.

B
What breed are they? I'd advertise on Craigslist. You can advertise on the BST section on here too.
Black one is a Barred Rock(F) X Brown Leghorn(M)
The one on the left is an Americana(F) X Rhode Island Red(M)
The one on the right is an Isa Brown(F) X Rhode Island Red(M)

B

Black one is a Barred Rock(F) X Brown Leghorn(M)
The one on the left is an Americana(F) X Rhode Island Red(M)
The one on the right is an Isa Brown(F) X Rhode Island Red(M)
Oh, they're mixes? I think you'd be lucky to get $5 a chick if they're mixes. Where roughly are you located? Here I would only be able to get about $4 a chick. Maybe higher if you knew the genders of all of them.

Back
Top Bottom