Only one chicken not laying

Aug 23, 2019
Question.. i have a few Australorps one jersey giant n one silver spangled hamburg.. the hamburg and tbe jersey are 2 yrs old now so whwn the days got short they both molted as expected.. quit laying eggs..etc.. well my jersey is back to laying daily but the hamburg atill hasn't laid anything in months.. anyone else have this happen?.. i have kept up with the extra protein requirements during molting they look great now just my hamburg hasnt laid an egg since October its now end of January. Thoughts?

With shorter days and the molt. She may just be taking a extra long break. Is everything else normal with her poo, eating, drinking, behavior, and also behavior toward her from the others?
Yeah otherwise shes a sound hen.. i have been fermenting my feed and she has been eating that great with the others. Got me wondering if its a breed thing or something

There is no rhyme or reason how long of a winter break a hen will take. They are all individuals. Even though winter solstice is December 21, days in the middle of January aren't really that much longer.
Where are you located? Here we are a full month later and at my latitude, days are only 28 minutes longer than at solstice. But from here on out, the increase will be speeding up every day.

Back
Top Bottom