ONLY ONE PROBLEM WITH PERKY I KNOW OF: WATERY POO!

d.k

red-headed stepchild
11 Years
Feb 6, 2008
Southeast Coast of Florida
* She's been in iso a week, and I think it must be parasite related. The clear part of the poo was like clear mucus before worming with Ivermectin; Now it's gone straight watery. I can re-worm her and add a little clay to her food. . . . What do ya'll think?? Expert Insight Especially Appeciated (E.I.E.A.)

* Yes, she eats-- not as much as Chook (6oz a day), but just about half that. She's a very delicate eater, though. nibble, nibble, nibble. Seems weird after Chook who dives in face first and will take seconds, too, if I offer. She's not at all underweight though.

Not sure, but maybe someone with more knowledge will help. Chicken poop always confuses me. Is it normal, Is it not normal? AAgghhh!! Good luck!

Paula

* 1-1/2 years, according to her previous owner. Eggs are fine, though pointy and shell is already thicker now on oyster shell in addition to layer, crop is fine, abdomen seems fine, too-- Though I have little experience with that. I have been blending her food brand with what I serve Chook to get them on the same page, but she came to me with the clear stuff already happening. Consistancy change with Ivermectin is the only change.

Last edited:
It sounds like you are doing eveything you can short of taking her to a vet.

To entice her to eat more, I would give her whatever she will eat. I have rolled watermelon pieces in crumble before for a sick duck.

Back
Top Bottom