Ooooops..It's not day 18 its day 20! Updated Pics page 4

Oh yeah, it's coming! It will zip around the egg right about that spot all around and then pop off the lid... Cant wait to see what it looks like!

Okay now I have 5 hatched and three more that i can see pipping. Looks like a very nice couple of splash. Let me add that the chicks seem to love the cup holders. They are nestling down in them. they are out of the egg shells and seem to be going where they want.

Last edited:
Yay Bama! Glad yours are coming out nicely for you. Mine are still pokey!
I have one Cuckoo Maran that has hatched and three more pips. The three pips are also Cuckoo Marans. This is the end of day 22. Can you tell patience is NOT one of my virtues?
lol.png

I have 8 hatched and three more still pipping and almost out. I have one left that i can't see anything on. Hatch turning out very well. I will take pics later maybe or in the morning as I have had company this evening too and I'm tired.

All Orps except for two silkies. I have two splash Orps so far. I need to get them some water and food before I go to bed. That is the ones in the brooder box already. How's your hatch going.

Okay, I had a great hatch. 12 out of 13. One egg did not do anything although it had a chick in it. I haven't opened it yet. I will definitely be using this method here on out. I have another hatch due next week end. Here are some of the babies. Some great little Orps
016-1.jpg

013-1.jpg

Very nice bunch of chickies Bama! They're adorable.

This morning I have two more chicks and three more pips. All the hatched chicks are Cuckoo Marans. Anybody know if you can sex them by color or anything at this age?

You can sex them by color. The males will be a lot lighter than females. Almost silvery. The females tend to be almost black Hope your hatch continues well.

Back
Top Bottom