Ooooops..It's not day 18 its day 20! Updated Pics page 4

I have had one hatch, and 2 more are pipped. I dont know what I should do about the humidity; if I should get it up to between 70-80% or keep it a bit lower.

I put 4 of Jody's EE's in the egg carton, and all 4 hatched. The only problem I found is that they chicks didnt get out of their shells....they just sat there for hours. I finally dumped them out, because I didnt want them getting stuck. I have another hatch happening this weekend, brahmas. I will do the same with them and see if I get as good a percentage hatching as I did with Jody's. All have candled good up to this point.

I have a question. When the chicks hatch how you do you keep them from getting stuck around the egdes of the cartons? I know someone that just tried this method and ended up having to open the bator more to rescue chicks that got upside down between the cartons and side. How many cartons and what size do you use? All 12 or can you mix, 18 and a couple of 12 cartons? I want to try this method next week.
Thanks!
Sylvia

Last edited:
I was surprised, too; maybe they were just too comfy there! One hatched last night, and this morning she was still sitting in her shell; I thought that was too long and was afraid she'd get stuck. I have Brahmas hatching (hopefully) this weekend; Ill see if they have a little more oomph in their fluffy butts.

Back
Top Bottom