Ooooops..It's not day 18 its day 20! Updated Pics page 4

Zunibee.....after I read your post and your results I decided to give it a go.....so far so good. 3 blue orps, 1 marans, and 1 BLRW are out. That is so cool how they zip and then just push their "lid" off. Looks exactly like it did in your after picture. I've got 2 more pips that I can see. You may have changed the way I hatch forever!!

That's great news Katy! Congratulations on your results so far.

This community is so great. I loaded my bator again and thought I would have to wait 21 days to see if the egg carton method really worked. Now you and mergmet have both tried it already and are getting good results. Now I am really excited.

It is really neat the way they just cut open the lid and pop it right off! I was afraid they would get stuck and have a difficult time getting out but it is quite the opposite.

I never did think all that bumping and rolling around was doing the others any good....especially the shipped ones. I figure they've got enough going against them already. It will be interesting to see everyone's results on this.

Today is the 18th day into my hatch! I just set 10 eggs in the hatcher in half an egg carton, air cell up.

Two of the ten eggs are questionable and I believe they have stopped growing, but put them in the hatcher in case I'm wrong, but I did not see any movement in them. The other 8 are very good looking so far.

I'll let ya know the results in a few days
big_smile.png

Quote:
Good luck with your hatch....I did the "egg carton" hatch after I read this last week and had really good results with it on my blue orp eggs...... 7 of 8 that went in the hatcher, hatched. My BLRW eggs didn't do so well, but I'm thinking it was them not the technique. I'll open them up tomorrow and see what happened with them.

Back
Top Bottom