Oops. DH doesn't know...

Gosh I did the same thing, hubby said no dogs as I had enough children to look after (4 is hardly alot is it???) SO I went and got myself a guinea pig which of course had to have a friend, ended up with 24 of them at one point, then he said no ponies!! I have 2!! Definitely no chickens, well my wee boys friend gave him 3 for his birthday, what could one do, lol!! Now have 10 and am planning more for next year. I eventually got my dogs when my parents moved in with us when we all bought a bigger house together (wierd I know but it works so far!!) Mum and dad had two dogs, but they are old now and hubby knows that for my 40th birthday I want a GSD, only 5 years to wait. Then there are the pigs, just looking into that one!! For meat of course!!
tongue.gif

Last edited:
I wouldn't say anything about the turkeys. Just sit back and see how long it takes him to notice they are turkeys LOL! Maybe when they start getting a lot larger thant the others and begin gobbling
tongue.png

Quote:
and then say oh my gosh how did those turkey egss get in there? with a straight face is possible
lau.gif

lau.gif
That's what I would do!

I am currently pushing for quail! Hubby keeps saying I have enough to worry about with all the chickens. I think I need to take him to the farmer's market and show him that quail eggs for eating go for $6.00 a dozen. Maybe that will change his mind!

Been there, done that.

DH: "Honey, what are the really big eggs in the incubator?"
Me: "Oh, you saw those?"
DH: "Yes. I do look in there every now and then, you know."
ME: "Well, remember those turkey eggs I told you someone wanted to test hatch?"
DH: "Honey, where in the HECK do you plan to put them?"
Me: "I'll figure that out if they hatch...."
DH: "sigh"

It all works out
wink.png

Quote:
He got home last night from his trip and this morning went through the bank statements. There was an ebay statement for the eggs. Not a peep, so to speak.
lau.gif
gig.gif

He was more concerned about a check I had wrote for chicken feed because he didn't recognize the vendor's name (he'll be okay with it -- he knows I buy feed from that place, he just doesn't know the alternate name they use).
roll.png

We were talking about not counting our chickens before they hatch this morning as a joke and I pointed out that's so true with eggs. (He knows). I'll be stunned if I get a 50% hatch, but you never know.
idunno.gif

What will happen is he'll see the chicks and ask what breed they are 'cause they're so cool looking. I'll be honest: Merriams. He'll wonder about that a while.
lau.gif
gig.gif
I could tell him I got them because he thought turkeys were cool...
hide.gif

lol @ Merriams, that's a good one! He will think that's a fancy new breed of chicken and then he will get a big suprise when they have a fancy gobbler thingy hanging to the ground lol.
I soooo have to do this to my poor dh !!! He has been wanting pheasants. Maybe I can get some golden pheasant eggs and put them in the bator and see how long it takes him to realize what they are.

I'm on my way to my mail box to pick up the SECOND Brinsea Octagon 20 Advance EX I've ordered.

Don't have a D-anything. It's just me. There doesn't seem to be a little angel on my shoulder to tell me "No!" - just the little Devil Linda which says, "Ooooh! Ooooh! Looky! More eggs for breeds you don't have yet! So what if the auction is for 18 of them, or 10+ because you know not all shipped eggs will hatch. It'll be okay."

The one problem I am having is sneaking this all past my land-lady who lives in the front house on the property. She asked me the other day "How many roosters do you have?" and "How many chickens are you up to now?"

I was honest about the rooster count - she knows I'm going to a Chicken Swap later this month with one of the Silver Sebright roos - but my answer to the second questions was, "Oh, a bunch."

And every day I pick up Thelma the Cayuga's latest egg, I think, "Hmmmm... wouldn't some ducklings be wonderful?"

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom