Oops I did again!

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by maralynn28, Apr 2, 2012.

1. maralynn28

maralynn28 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 4, 2010
    Corpus Christi, TX
    Went to the feedstore and guess what followed me home!
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. QuackerJackFarms

QuackerJackFarms Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 26, 2011
    Missouri
    LOVE!! Is it mallard or rouen? I can't tell from the pic, but looks like a Rouen from my perspective.

I resisted! Thank goodness! And it was hard. There were some cuties in there.

3. jt813

jt813 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 9, 2012
    lol and people talk abput chicken math lol what about duck math lol

4. maralynn28

Mar 4, 2010
    Corpus Christi, TX
    1 rouen, 2 kc darlings... Need help with nautical/aquatic names! We want to name the rouen Leia (rouen drake named Luke Skywalker) lol. My daughter wants to name 1 kc Calypso (sea nymph, love it!) but need a third water-loving name... Ideas?

5. maralynn28

Mar 4, 2010
    Corpus Christi, TX
    Hoping with all hope that they are females as I got them to even out my drake heavy flock....[​IMG]

6. QuackerJackFarms

Jun 26, 2011
    Missouri
    Well... Neptune was the Roman God of Water and Poseidon was the greek God of the sea. lol.

Fingers crossed for some girlies!

7. maralynn28

Mar 4, 2010
    Corpus Christi, TX
    Poseidon is the name of my dark (blue?) campbell drake. It's why I'd love to keep the theme going. We'll have Darth Vader, Luke Skywalker, and Leia....and Poseidon, Calypso and ____.

8. jt813

jt813 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 9, 2012
    muna means overflowing stream i like this one

9. QuackerJackFarms

Jun 26, 2011
    Missouri
    Circe- Goddess of magic, daughter of the sun. Not really water... but still cool.

Odeysseus- He had a "relationship" with Circe and I believe Calypso.

10. Tahai

Tahai Chillin' With My Peeps

In Greek mythology, Tethys (Greek: Τηθύς), daughter of Uranus and Gaia[1] was an archaic Titaness and aquatic sea goddess, invoked in classical Greek poetry but not venerated in cult. Tethys was both sister and wife of Oceanus.[2] She was mother of the chief rivers of the world known to the Greeks, such as the Nile, the Alpheus, the Maeander, and about three thousand daughters called the Oceanids.[3]Considered as an embodiment of the waters of the world she also may be seen as a counterpart of Thalassa, the embodiment of the sea. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tethys_(mythology)

OR

In ancient Greek mythology, Amphitrite (Ἀμφιτρίτη) was a sea-goddess and wife of Poseidon.[1] http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Amphitrite

OR

try this for a list of the world's water Gods. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Water_deity

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by