Oops, that’s not a pullet!

Coopscraft

Songster
Jul 6, 2019
Willamette Valley, Oregon, USA
i got two olive eggers at the feed store. One is black and grey with barring and the other is brown and black with barring. One has a pale comb and no wattles, the other the black one,a bright red comb and wattles. I don’t know which breeds they used to make the olive Egger but it might be more involved than Moran/Ameraucana cross. Any guess what influence a rooster like this would have on his daughters color and productivity? I have a variety of hens to mate him to.

That's all it would be is a guess.
Since he is barred and a mixed breed I'd guess he only has one barring gene so around half his offspring would be barred.
Since you have no idea what breeds are involved and since he's mixed it would be pretty hard to have any idea what genes he would pass forward.

Hah, that's funny. That's how you know they don't know their crap. True Ameraucanas don't come in Barred.
If mom was Barred and dad was Black copper, as I suspect, then your cockerel has 1 copy of barred and carries incomplete red Birchen. He could throw anything.

Hah, that's funny. That's how you know they don't know their crap. True Ameraucanas don't come in Barred.
If mom was Barred and dad was Black copper, as I suspect, then your cockerel has 1 copy of barred and carries incomplete red Birchen. He could throw anything.
Ha. First thing I thought of too.
Where the barring came from?

1C6CA0FF-05E5-44A0-B01B-AD8D822986A6.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom