Oozing egg stuck in turner!

Poo On My Shoe's

In the Brooder
9 Years
Dec 21, 2010
Haddam, Ct
Ok it's day 16 and I have an egg oozing and it's stuck in the turner. Can I remove the turner this early and just get the eggs ready for lock down in 2 days? I'm going to do the egg carton hatching so they will be in the same position just not turning. or do I need to get the egg out of the turner and continue on as I have been?

Get the egg out. You don't want it to explode and ruin the hatch. You need to check your eggs before setting to see if any have hairline cracks. You can hatch in a cut-out egg tray or just lay the eggs on their side. There shouldn't be one bit of difference on the number that are hatched either way.

Poo On My Shoe's :

Ok it's day 16 and I have an egg oozing and it's stuck in the turner. Can I remove the turner this early and just get the eggs ready for lock down in 2 days? I'm going to do the egg carton hatching so they will be in the same position just not turning. or do I need to get the egg out of the turner and continue on as I have been?

if your egg turner has holes the bottom(most do), it's best to pop the egg loose by carefully punching it up ways with your finger from the bottom holes. I tried to lift it out and had very bad results. by pushing it up, you are taking advantage of the eggs shape. the pressures are equally distributed to the whole egg shell. when you pull an egg it's the exact opposite. hope this helps.
thumbsup.gif

-Joe​

Quote:
if your egg turner has holes the bottom(most do), it's best to pop the egg loose by carefully punching it up ways with your finger from the bottom holes. I tried to lift it out and had very bad results. by pushing it up, you are taking advantage of the eggs shape. the pressures are equally distributed to the whole egg shell. when you pull an egg it's the exact opposite. hope this helps.
thumbsup.gif

-Joe

That didn't work for me, I got lucky while twisting and pulling a little, the shell stuck to the turner and the membrane remand intact. The chick didn't make it though. You can remove the turner and hand turn for the last 2 days before you lock down. Good Luck Michele

Just got home from work and now off to the task of removing the bad egg. I think my plan of attack will be to transfer all eggs to cartons, remove the turner with bad egg, remove the egg, clean tray because I'm pretty sure that sucker is going to explode, then transfer the eggs back to the turner for the remaining 2 days. Thanks everybody for the advise.

Back
Top Bottom