Egg turner was off on Nurture right. Do I worry yet?

NorthwoodsChick

Fowl play will 🐝 encouraged 🐥🐔
Premium Feather Member
May 16, 2021
UP Michigan
My Coop
My Coop
Day 4 I suspected egg turner was not working, tested and motor works. This morning eggs were in same position as last night. I rotated via test. At 4:30 eggs in exact same position. Rotated via test x3, set timer, nothing after 1 hr. Noticed turner light is OFF. I checked and it was on day 18!! I reset for day five and egg turner light is now on.
Maybe 36-48 hours went by with little turning. Am I ok?
I will candle Friday afternoon-if there’s an issue what may I see?
Nurture right 360, Marans eggs.

TIA-Mel

Day 4 I suspected egg turner was not working, tested and motor works. This morning eggs were in same position as last night. I rotated via test. At 4:30 eggs in exact same position. Rotated via test x3, set timer, nothing after 1 hr. Noticed turner light is OFF. I checked and it was on day 18!! I reset for day five and egg turner light is now on.
Maybe 36-48 hours went by with little turning. Am I ok?
I will candle Friday afternoon-if there’s an issue what may I see?
Nurture right 360, Marans eggs.

TIA-Mel
Candling: you will probably see either normal development, or no development (infertile egg.) To know if the turner caused issues, candle again several days later, and see if they have grown (alive and probably healthy) or not grown (dead chicks do not grow.)

I would expect most or all of them to be fine. If they are okay, you won't know that for SURE until they have finished hatching, so you've got a bit of wait there.

Candling: you will probably see either normal development, or no development (infertile egg.) To know if the turner caused issues, candle again several days later, and see if they have grown (alive and probably healthy) or not grown (dead chicks do not grow.)

I would expect most or all of them to be fine. If they are okay, you won't know that for SURE until they have finished hatching, so you've got a bit of wait there.
Thank you!

Back
Top Bottom