Oozing

Hand Mama

Chirping
Jul 27, 2020
O e of my eggs in the incubator has a reddish substance coming out of it, it also has a crack in the shell what shall I do?

Does it look like blood? The chick may have pipped into a vein, making it bleed which can happen occasionally. Sometimes they don't make it if this happens, but sometimes they do. :fl

Does it look like blood? The chick may have pipped into a vein, making it bleed which can happen occasionally. Sometimes they don't make it if this happens, but sometimes they do. :fl
[/QUOTE
It doesn't smell funky so shall I leave for another day then throw it away?

& yes it looks more like blood than anything else, it's not a massive amount either

& yes it looks more like blood than anything else, it's not a massive amount either

If they are due to start hatching I'd say that is the most likely explanation. Once they pip externally it is around 24 hours before they unzip and hatch, so hopefully that little chick will rest up, absorb the remains of the yolk and blood, and hatch out just fine.

Back
Top Bottom