Opa's place -Where an old rooster visits with friends

Skunk odor can be removed from dogs, objects, or yourself with a mixture of baking soda, liquid dishsoap, and peroxide; but when it has been sprayed on the ground only time will dissipate it.

One thing I noticed is that at times my memory isn't what it used to be. Someone on BYC asked that I post the recipe that David uses for is Atomic Eggs. I can't remember who it was; if it was on this thread or on the Michigan thread. So I guess the only solution is to post it on both.

Some one had asked that I post this so here is what he uses for 1 guart of eggs

ATOMIC EGGS
16 hard boiled bantam eggs peeled
1 cup of white vinegar
1 cup water
1 tablespoon pickling salt
1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
Habenero peppers
Fresh dillweed

Arrange eggs and peppers in wide mouth quart jar alternating between eggs and peppers . Continue layers until jar is filled sprinkle with cayenne pepper as layers are added. Insert 3 or 4 small sprigs of dill weed. He likes to arrange as neatly as possible to have a more attractive product. Cover with water, salt, and vinegar mixture and seal. If you desire a less potent egg, peppers can be seeded or use a milder pepper like a jalapeno.

The advantage of using bantam eggs is that the egg takes the pickle solution quicker and more evenly due to the smaller size plus it is a one bite snack.

Normally he waits at least two months before eating to allow maximum heat to build in the eggs.

Opa, That was me!!.....or at least, I was one of the people asking for David's recipe. (when you mentioned
you needed to expand your flock of bantams to get more eggs for him.)
Interesting timing....I asked for the recipe for a friend who was getting bantams and she had just told me she got her first egg today!!
Thanks, I'll be passing it on to her.....might try it myself....with the jalapeno peppers!

Each morning I have several eagle nest site that I have been checking. To see the development from egg to eagle is pretty amazing. A couple of morning ago the site from Decorah Iowa showed the female hunkered down tight covering her three eaglets protecting them from snow. Then yesterday morning the camera at the Hampton Roads Virginia site appeared to have gotten misaligned as it was pointing at the ground. Just as I was about to swithced to another site I saw what looked to be a boom truck.

Then a few minutes later a man was climbing through the tree limbs. We watched him climb around and through the limbs until he reached a spot slightly over the eagle's nest where he proceeded to attach several anchor points. On one he attached himself and on another he attached a rope and pulley. From that he hauled a large bag up into which he placed an eaglet that he lowered to the ground. When all three were lowered they were sexed, measured, weighed, blood samples taken, and lastly fitted with a legband. The TV station that sponsors the site had an additional camera filming the activity at ground level so we were able to go back and forth between the two views. The eaglets are about five weeks old and the largest, a female, weighed seven and a half pounds. The youngest and smallest eaglet was the only male and he weighed five and a half pounds. When all was completed the eaglets were placed back in the nest.

It was fascinating to watch the whole procedure and strickly luck that we happened upon it when we did. Once again the old adage that timing is everything proved true.

Hello PK, Happy Easter to you too!!
frow.gif
We will be going to church for the "Sunrise Easter Service" at 7:00 a.m. We have a potluck brunch following the service. We will be home by late morning and then will just enjoy being outside for part of the day. It's suppose to cloud up and rain later. No family get together this year, local kids had "other side of the family" things planned. I hope you have something interesting going on! I'm in the Mahonri Easter Hatch and have 10 out of 24 hatched so far!!
yippiechickie.gif

Last edited:
Sounds nice! I hope you have a wonderful time!

Well, after going to church, my family is going to another family's house for food and fun. After that, we'll just hang out at home.

Back
Top Bottom