Opa's place -Where an old rooster visits with friends

Good afternoon!

Ranchie, glad to hear that you're safe. Those storms were disastrous... I'm also glad that you could spend some time with Harlan, she sounds like a joy to be around!
Sly, I'm sorry about the snow. Why is it still here, anyway? It's the middle of April!
Opa, Coconut-Cream Cheese Cake?! Yummy! It also has an added alliterative appeal, too!

hugs.gif
to all!

Sprite, the recipe is for a Coconut Cream Cheese POUND Cake not a cheese cake. I think they should actually be called pounds cake since the tendency to eat alot of it could lead to pounds of weight gain.

Quote:
Ah, true. Thank you for pointing that out! But at the end of the day, cake is still cake. And cake is delicious!

That is also true, Pound Cake should be called Pounds Cake! Or maybe Pounds' Cake...

An incredibly true statement, Opa. Whoever invented cake was a genius!

Last edited by a moderator:
In past years the wild turkey have come several times a day to my yard. Oddly they seemed to know that I am a hunter and they would disappear one week before the start of turkey season. This year they again left and I hadn't seen one in just over a week until yesterday. Four toms and sixteen hens came strolling across the yard about 8am and then just after lunch they were back for over an hour.

I had gone down to water the chickens and there stood the flock about twenty yards away. They weren't the least bit concerned and the toms continued to display for the hens. It's opening day of the turkey hunting season. I couldn't believe it, how did they know that I hadn't gotten around to purchasing my license yet.

Quote:
They probably hacked into to the License Bureau computer and only frequent those who haven't gotten their license..........that or they work for the License Bureau and frequent those without them so they run down and purchase one...then you won't see them again......cuz you'll "be on the list"!
lol.png

I think there must be some validity to you license bureau theory. I went last night and purchased a license and so far today haven't seen a single turkey. The only saving factor is that I can buy the much cheaper senior citizen license.

Today was another good day even though it was cold and rainy. The day started out with my having to dispatch and then remove a skunk from a trap. The rest of the day the aroma kept reminding my that some good days aren't quite as good as others.

Back
Top Bottom