Opa's place -Where an old rooster visits with friends

It's a sunny but very windy day here today. The two small towns, north and south of me, are having their Easter Egg Hunts today and I'm glad they got some decent weather. I'm hoping to mow some grass this afternoon!!! I'm excited about that, I love riding the mower and the smell of fresh cut grass.

Easter means different things to different folks. For me, besides the obvious important religious conotations, it also serves to remind me of the what is important in life. What ever it means to you, I sincerely wish it is a day spent with family and friends enjoying the fact that another year is truly coming into bloom.

I took Granny to the airport late this afternoon and now she will spend the next three weeks alternating between the home of my sons who live there. My granddaughter will be 13 this summer and is very mature for her age. The family is very important to her and she was looking forward to spending time listening to Granny's stories. I love the fact that she is interested because far to often the memories of the past are lost and forgotten.

Happy Easter all.
10233_easter-eggs.gif

Read something the other day that seems to be a philosophy that would benefit most of us. "What you've done in the past is no where as important as what you do in the future".

True... You can change in the future what you did in the past, but some things can't be changed. Very inspirational!

Nothing but rain and more rain forecasted for the week. However I'm not going to complain. Compared to what so many others are facing with flooding and tornadoes, this is nothing. My prayers go out to all who have suffered due to the weather.

Back
Top Bottom