Opa's place -Where an old rooster visits with friends

I have cleaned this thread of squabbling and flaming posts.

Consider this a friendly warning.

Private spats and squabbles need to be handled privately.

Be sure that all content is suitable for all ages.

All BYC rules apply in these group threads.

If something goes against the rules, please do not respond, reply, quote or in any way feed it. Just use the report button so the staff doesn't have to spend a lot of time cleaning it up.

Report and move on.
Report and move on.

Thanks.

I am craving Yak burgers now! Can I come?
big_smile.png

OK Maggie, hold on here a sec and I'll post a pic of those emu eggs...

38335_079.jpg

I put a couple of Lakenvelder and a couple of Australorp eggs in for comparison.

Last edited:
Please do Sheila!
smile.png

I am taking a break, was out working in the dog yard, it looks better already.
smile.png

Oh, forgot to mention I am setting 60 quail eggs (mexican speckled, coturnix and bobwhites) tonight or on the morning.
I have a LOT better luck with those than with button quail.
I had coturnix laying last year and sold them. I was an idiot.
roll.png

Wow, Maggie, you'll be able to start your own quail farm(that's what DH wants to do
roll.png
).
Posted the eggs in my post above. I THINK they would fit in a regular incubator. My sister has a cabinet incubator that she hatches them in-she has 3 babies that have hatched in the last 3 days and MAN are they cute!
I must admit, the Yak Burgers scare me a little, ya'll. The strangest thing in my freezer is deer meat and fish that we caught!

Oh, they are beautiful!!! I SO want to hatch a couple next year!!! I wanted this year but have my hands full.
Sheila, as soon as they are old enough to start laying eggs, you can have as many as you want!!! I would gladly give them to you.
Actually Yak burgers might be interesting. I have never had them, but I have had Beef-alo. And they sure cant taste any worse than rattlesnake...(which actually doesnt taste bad.) Sigh. Try raising 5 kids in West Texas, you usually eat what doesnt try to eat you first,lol.
wink.png

Back
Top Bottom