Opa's place -Where an old rooster visits with friends

I'm still looking for woman #3.
big_smile.png

When I was fitted for hearing aids, the audiologist felt I should have ear molds made to best solve my hearing dilemma. Now that I have been wearing them for a week I can tell you that they are not very comfortable. However, not being able to hear properly is even more of an issue. Besides the issues caused by not hearing properly, having to ask people to repeat themselves is very embarrassing.

I can't believe how much more I am now hearing. I had forgotten just how noisy the world is.

One feature I really like is a small transmitter/microphone I now wear in addition to the hearing aids. It's purpose is to communicate, via Bluetooth, with my hearing aids. I now hear a conversation in both ears with helps vocal comprehension.

I talked with my oldest son Joe tonight and it was the very first conversation I can remember having with the words what and huh.

Opa my dad did not like how his hearing aids felt - so he lost them and refuses to replace them :/

I read about a gardner who used a system like yours to raise tomatoes in a greenhouse. She used ropes to grow the plants up, and as they climbed out of reach she would lower the rope a little at a time, allowing the plant to gradually coil up at the base, and keeping the tomatoes in picking distance.

I wear hearing aids all in my life....it gets time gettting used to every time I get new hearing aids or ear molds.

I would love to get some new hearing aids! My Medicare and/or Medicaid won't pay..it is not covered. My aids are already reaching their max limit....they are nine years old. My left one conked out two years ago and the right one is on its last legs, sucking the life out of my batteries.

My neighbor was over yesterday and express his disbelief that I haven't had the new boat in the water yet. I'm a little surprised myself but I've been working on getting everything set up for my style of river fishing.

1- The wiring was all cobbled together with mismatched or inadequate wire so I have replaced all of that.
2- Installed new pole style bow and stern lights
3- Three new batteries installed front, center, rear, which distributes their weight much better.
4- The anchor tower is installed and the winch attached and wired.
5- Four rod holders installed on the side rails and a fifth installed on a pedestal mount to use as a center rod.
6- Installed a horizontal rod rack on one side of boat and 4 tube style vertical rod holders on front of console.
7- Installed rubber clamps on side of console for push pole and landing net
8- Installed hand grip on port side rail for added safety for person in passenger seat
9- Installed shelve in console for a pull out tray
10- Mounted fire extinguisher
11- Built PVC bow system to support boat cover
12- De-greased rear compartment and gas tank
13- Remove Missouri registration numbers and stickers and
install those required by Michigan

Today, after taking Granny for a doctor appointment, I will install a bimini top to provide summer shade and to serve as a foundation to attach enclosure for winter fishing.

I still need to replace the too short safety chains on the trailer, buy and mount a spare tire, replace the recovery strap on the trailer winch.

With the weather fore casted for the rest of the week I'm not very optimistic about taking the boat out so maybe next week.

Raz, that is awfully kind of you. Also I have a large plastic tote bin filled with shredded apple wood if you want it.

As many of you know Granny was one of the individuals who was given a contaminated pain shot that caused the outbreak of fungal meningitis. Given the number of people who died from it it has been a scary situation. Today I took her to a doctor appointment with the doctor who had given her the shot.

We have never felt that it was his fault and have made sure that he knew we held him blameless. When she was in the hospital back in January I met with him and I can't remember ever meeting anyone who seemed so devastated. Today after we exchanged pleasantries and he had examined her she told him that she had something for him. It was a dozen red roses that she had crocheted and placed in a very pretty glass vase. For a few moments he was so overcome with emotion that he was practically speechless. His eyes misted up, his voice seemed to catch in his throat, and for a moment I thought he was going to cry. He was deeply moved and claimed he had never had a patient to anything quite so nice. He had to leave the room for a few moments to show them to his staff and when he returned he said that immediately following the appointment he was calling his wife to tell her about them.

On the way home Granny told me that his expression of heart felt gratitude made all of the time she had invested in making them to have been time well spent.

Back
Top Bottom