Opa's place -Where an old rooster visits with friends

Like anything it takes practice to learn exactly how to do something. Carving on an egg shell is going to take more practice before I am satisfied with the result. This is my first attempt and I didn't want to post it but Bluemoon took a picture of it and said that if I didn't post it she was.
10233_mar_30_chicks_021.jpg

Quote:
That is beautiful, and that picture doesn't do it justice.
smile.png
I was just uploading that picture to my computer.
gig.gif

I just talked to my daughter, my brother, and some other friends and family members in RI. The flooding is very serious. Most roads are closed now. The main river is already at 20 ft. My uncle is on the coast line, and his basement is already flooded. My brother said they can't get out of their neighborhood, so they are stuck for the time being. At least the new house the just bought has not flooded, so that is a good thing.

Bluemoon

Opa, practice???? You did a perfect job IMO! Its beautiful.
One cochin banty out as funny because it wasnt the one I saw pipped...but that one is making steady progress. The little one that is out is LOUD so maybe will cheer everyone else on.
Bluemoon, hope your family gets through this okay.

MagC, congratulations on the bantams hatching. I'm fighting the urge to put some bantams in the incubator right now. Let's see. 1- fertile eggs- check 2- empty incubator- check 3- thermometer- check 4- humistat- check 5 sponge- check 6- electricity- check 7- will power

Quote:
Since you're not going down south until June don't fight it!!!

(not a good idea to ask hatch-a-holics to stop you from setting eggs.....)

Quote:

I think you must have forgotten who you are talking to. My middle name is WILL POWER. I fully intended to only have 3 or 4 hens. Granny wanted more, yeah that's it, Granny wanted more. It all her fault. If I hadn't been trying to making her happy I could have stopped at 4.
lau.gif

Quote:

I think you must have forgotten who you are talking to. My middle name is WILL POWER. I fully intended to only have 3 or 4 hens. Granny wanted more, yeah that's it, Granny wanted more. It all her fault. If I hadn't been trying to making her happy I could have stopped at 4.
lau.gif

I had that Granny pegged as a troublemaker from the start!!!

Back
Top Bottom