Opa's place -Where an old rooster visits with friends

Quote:
My mother has the Bunn coffee maker and she has a habit of shoving the mug under the spigot for the freshest coffee rather than waiting for it to fill up in the pot LOL! Sometimes the heat element on the bottom would short out because of the spills.

Nothing like a good coffee smell! I love to go into coffee shops and breathe DEEP for all its worth. Sorry I am not a coffee drinker, could not hack that stuff down and feels like I got hairs growing on my tongue! I am mainly a tea drinker.

Enjoy your cuppa of coffee on me! Just leave me the vapors! Folgers by far are the best aroma of coffee I know!

I love dark roast full bodied coffees and Folgers has one they call Black Silk. I go through at least five 27.8 ounces cans per month. Yesterday I found it was on sale so I picked up 2 cans knowing I would go back today with coupons to purchase more.

Granny says one of the things she misses when visiting my brothers is a good cup of coffee. Both only make one small pot per day and even that is a lame excuse for coffee. While she drinks no where near the amount that I do, she does enjoy having more than one cup at breakfast and she rather likes a late afternoon cup.

I like coffee! But I can't drink the strong stuff. I know I'm done when I clench my teeth.
big_smile.png
This is my lame morning routine: Pour 2 inches of coffee in cup, add splenda and a little cocoa, add hot water to top of cup, nuke for 35 seconds, add cream. I can have two of those before I have to stop. Otherwise I'd be crawling on the ceiling.
lol.png

I absolutely LOVE the smell of strong coffee brewing. Heavenly.

I drink so much coffee I think my blood would test out at 80% caffeine.
10233_coffee_blood_type.gif

Twelve cups is a minimum day and I will drink coffee only minutes before going to bed. I honestly can't tell any affect from drinking it other than I like the taste.

Afternoon everyone!
Hope this fine(hot) day finds you all doing well!
Opa your new signature line cracked me up! That is hilarious!
We have thinned our flock down to about 1/2 the size it was in the last few weeks-we're in the process of building breeder/grow out pens. We've decided to concentrate strictly on our Sumatras, Pyncheons and Call Ducks with a few layers thrown in for our own egg consumption. My poor birds are in a constant state of flux with all of the changes happening around them.
In addition, I have 67 eggs in the incubators-yes that was pleural. They should all hatch within a week of each other-sheesh, I HAVE lost my mind.
smile.png

Take care fine people and have a blessed day!
Just FYI, I'm with you Opa-here in the South, we drink our coffee so strong you can stand a spoon up in it-only way I like it.

Last edited:
Killed my first rattlesnake of the year today. Rather, I finished him off after my rooster got a hold of him. About two foot long, western diamondback. Girls were squaking and carrying on, so I go to investigate. There he was in the corner of the pen, with the rooster pecking the heck out of him. Rooster appears to be okay, so I guess he was faster than the snake. Hate it when I have to kill anything, but I can't have those things around. :-(

Back
Top Bottom