Opa's place -Where an old rooster visits with friends

ranchie - you getting rain? We have the SC weather but no rain.
sad.png
We need it bad. My tomatoes are doing pretty well, but that's it. All my rhodies are looking sad and to top it off the chooks are digging under them for their dust baths and exposing the rootball. I think I'll invest in some rocks to pile under them so the girls will dig somewhere else. It's too freakin hot to do that now, I hope we have a nice cool fall.
fl.gif
I loved your duckie pics! Can you own just one duck, or are they like chickens and need buddies?
hu.gif

Coconut Cream Cheese Poundcake.............................sounds dangerously good.

As much as I hate to admit it, I've some times been know to procrastinate on getting my own projects finished. For instance, I put new cabinets in my kitchen and it was almost completed for 5 years. Finally got around to making the cabinet face frame for a small cabinet. Yesterday Hope was going through a closet and found a western shirt that I had made. You'd be surprized how nice the shirt came out. It only needs 4 pearl snaps on it to be finished. I was trying to fiqure out when I made it and the best guess was 1987. Guess I'd better go buy some snaps.

Good Morning Everyone!
frow.gif

Another big light and noise show here last night with more heat and humidity through Saturday forecast. Sunday is looking divine though with a high of 80 predicted, hope the weather gurus are right.
The yard, birds and work are keeping me busy. When I get on the computer, it's just to check email and try to keep-up here.
I hope everyone has a great day!

Morning.

There are times here I feel really insignificant, because I honestly know very little about farming. I don't own pigs, cows, goats, whatever. I can't can, build, and to an extent, cook, among other things. I wasn't ever born and raised country, with a farm and whatnot. I was raised in suburbia most of the time, the occasional potted pepper here and there.

*sigh*

Sprite, you should never feel insignificant. Your life is just getting started. You have demonstrated repeatedly that you are a very intellegent young lady. I wasn't born a drill sergeant, I became one. I wasn't born a fire fighter, I became one. I wasn't born with a hammer in my hand, I learn everything I could to become a carpenter. Anyone can become anything they want to. When you are born with better than average intellegence you have a much easier row to hoe than the rest of us.

All that is necessary is for one to learn as much as possible about the subject in which their interests lie, then when one has obtained the age necessary to be able to make decisions and opportunties present themselves you will be ready.

Not all of us who like animals are fortunate enough to have been born on a farm, or as in my case stay on the farm. If the rural livestyle is what you crave, then prepare yourself and then at some point in the future make it happen.

Last edited:
Thanks Opa. I also feel a little embarrassed that I honestly want to live in the city instead of the country, however, I want to have the knowledge that I can actually go out, start a small farm with some friends and actually have it work. I want to have the knowledge, not exactly the life itself...

My dream is to have a nice life as an accountant or statistical analyst in Salt Lake City, yet still have the knowledge needed to be semi self sufficient.

Welcome Nine, if you wish to be included, we'll listen, but also add to the conversation we are having at this current point in time.

Back
Top Bottom