Opa's place -Where an old rooster visits with friends

Well my remaining chicks are 2 1/2 weeks old now and growing like weeds. I thought I had found home for them all but not so sure now, it looks like I might have these 5 for a while longer. I think I have at least 3 boys in there too so the longer I have them the more difficult it will be to rehome them.
hmm.png

The rheas are doing good too, getting much taller. They don't seem to be bothered by this horrendous weather that we are having right now which is good. We will be moving them to their permanent home next month where they will only need a 3-sided shelter, they prefer to sleep outdoors - even in Scotland!

My brahma flock are doing much better now too, I culled one hen who was showing no signs of recovery, but the others are slowly but surely getting there. Who would have thought a tiny bit of mould would have done so much damamge to such big birds?

I never have been able to understand why some folks steal. As you may remember my oldest son's truck was stolen several weeks ago. Recently his company's head computer expert called him to tell him that his stolen computer was on line at a certain address in a town about 40 miles northwest of him. He called the police in that community and they found the computer. I haven't had a chance to talk to Joe to find out any further details or what the outcome was.

Still following the theft of the plastic Jesus, Scott filed this ad with the newspaper

Thou shall not
steal.

Maybe you have the economy
edition of the Bible with only six
commandments. There
are 10. Just thought
you should know.
Please help in
the return of
little plastic
Jesus.
He is very
sentimental.
littleplasticjesus
@hotmail.com

I hope the ads work, but I fear that someone who would stoop so low as to steal a plastic Jesus most likely doesn't have a conscience to begin with.

Scott doesn't expect to ever see that little statue again. I quess seeing a music CD case in Rebecca's car was just too tempting for that person, but for them to steal a little plastic Jesus from the dash seems like they don't believe that we must answer for our actions in the hereafter. Scott ran these ads for several weeks to both make a social commentary and to try and inject a little humor into a sad situation. His editor was amazed at the number of phone calls and comments this ads have created.

Lots of cyber coffee floatin' around the various threads so I guess you can make it anything you want. My second pot of real coffee just finished so if anyone wants to stop by its good and hot.

STEAL
A kiss.
The spotlight.
Someone’s thunder.
The show.
A glance.
A base.
Away the night.
Even someone’s heart.
But it is not okay to steal
little plastic Jesus.
Please return him, he is
very sentimental.
10233_lgfibchr1709.jpg

SHARING
generally involves
consent. Without
consent, it’s stealing,
which is what you did.
Please return little plastic
Jesus. He has great
sentimental value.
littleplasticjesus
@hotmail.com

HOPE is what we hang onto
when we have
nothing else.
You may have stolen the
very dear little plastic
Jesus from our dashboard,
but you can
never take our hope.
Please return little
plastic Jesus and ll the
empty spot in our lives
and on our dashboard.
[email protected]

This cold I've contracted is probably the worst I've ever had. Based on how inactive this thread has been, maybe I died and no one has bothered to tell me.

Guilty conscience?
Little plastic Jesus is
watching you.
Please return him.
[email protected]
10233_plastic_jesus.jpg

Steal verb
1. [ trans. ] to take (another person's property)
without permission and without intending to
return it.
Please return little plastic Jesus to his
rightful owner. If you thought I had
loaned it to you, you were wrong.
littleplasticjesus @hotmail.com

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom