Opa's place -Where an old rooster visits with friends

After answering a question for a fellow Michigan threader she suggested I change it to Obi wan Chickenobi. Another member also thought that it was great but should be Opa wan. So now I have a new title for the same old body.

Good morning everyone. I see lightning!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! How exciting, maybe this is the day!!!!
celebrate.gif
Pot of sauce already on the back porch cooking its way into spaghetti sauce. Need some coffee!!!!!
caf.gif

Luna - congratulations on being retired; you will find you are busier now that when you where "working"! Enjoy!

Have a great day! CCMH

I've been watching the radar maps every day hoping to see a big green mass situtated over southwest Missouri and all that I've seen is just a few very small green dots. The rain in MO on Thursday for the most part went noth of Joe. He said that it didn't rain enough to even wash the dust off his truck..

While its been hot here we have been getting rain. Today I got rained off a job and then came home and watched it pour. On the front of my house I removed the downspout and replaced in with an elbow so that the water is directed from the bottom of the gutter out into space. It fall about 8' into a landscaping pond adjacent to my front door. Today when the rain was at its hardest I watched a column of water 3" in diameter shoot out from the gutter. Which I could send some to Joe.

Me too, wish I could send some rain from here as well. We had another big thunderstorm again today, at least the power stayed on. Many lost power, due to more lightning strikes than usual.
The 911 call center lost their cell phone abilities for a while, the tower was hit numerous times. No fun at all.

Today was Hope's youngest son's birthday so he was here with his family for supper. Hope had told him she sould fix anything he wanted so we had bisquits, eggs, and sausage gravy. He also wanted a coconut pound cake for his birthday cake. It was nice to see them come in the door but it was perhaps a little nicer to see them go out the door. I can't remember my kids being as much work as grandkids are. Maybe I'm just turning into a cranky old rooster but after their being here for several hours I am glad to see them go.

It was a nice supper and a nice visit and now all the females in this house are asleep. Daisy hides out while they are here. The two year old keeps trying chase her and as soon as they left she was in my recliner fast asleep. Hope initially sat on the couch to watch a television show but quickly wound up prone and snoring. Granny wasn't far behind her so if you discount the snorous symphany all is quiet here.

Sounds like a good day at your house Opa. Sure hope that Joe gets some rain, I believe we have several chances this week. Thought for sure the other day it was where he is. We have gotten enough showers to save the fall plantings of beans, peas and corn for now. Still thinking of and praying for all those who need the rain so desperately.
Have a good afternoon. CCMH

Canned green beans yesterday and today I have about a gazillion cucumbers to work up. Much less humidity today and it is a little cooler so it should be a good day.

Back
Top Bottom