Opa's place -Where an old rooster visits with friends

It is good, I am very busy, and all of the birds and dogs are fine, and my sons, and my garden is coming along nicely.

But I am constantly running, I have to go now and get a new bag of dog food, I have been working all day so I couldn't get out.

Now I am going to go cruising around the supermarket with a small trolley and see what is happening in the other world....lol.

I don't go out very often and I have just found that I will need a new bag of biscuits for both dogs for the morning.

It is a good chance to have a look at the latest gizmos in the market. I will probably come back with a magazine and the dog biscuits and that is it.....lol.

Chat soon.

Last night after dealing with yesterdays heat and listening to the weather man talking about how more heat is predicted for at least another week a commercial came on that brought an abrubt end to my grumbling about how how it is. It was a commercial advertising for snowblowers. Close to 100 degrees and they're trying to sell snowblowers. However, when I thought about it winter isn't really that far off. We could conceiveably have snow is just over a month. Snow, ice, carrying water to the birds. Just the kind of things I had gotten used to not having and here they are staring at us from the not to distant future.

I did seem a little early to start advertising for that stuff, especially when its currently 31.1C. But I guess advertisers want to make sure we don't forget anything. I just came from the grocery and they have already started displaying items for Halloween.

Quote:
Holy Moly they are enormous! Gorgeous!

Congrats on the award Sam!
smile.png

Hey, looky there! Sam got another award!
wee.gif

Congratulations!

Jena, lovely to see you again, glad things are going well!

PK, thing sound much better for you, happy to hear it!

Hello everyone
frow.gif

Sprite, on Friday Opa's place will be a year old and it sure has been nice having so many stop in to visit. It's been enjoyable to open the thread and find an old friend has been on line or that a new friend has dropped in to visit. I'm glad that things in your life are going much smoother. You have been an important asset and remember you will always be our Sprite.

With the exception of a lousy tomato crop our harvest from the garden has been incredible. We just picked 10 gallons of horticulture beans that we will shell and can tomorrow. I had picked the green beans three times and they were still loaded with blossoms so we could have gotten one more picking. But we've now got 170 pints of green beans in the larder so that's enough. Plus removing the vines from the fence is much easier when they are still green.

The days are definitely getting shorter and now much cooler. When I think about the number of projects that I intended to accomplish this summer compared to the number actually completed I'm certain that there isn't enough time in the day.

The first of October Hope and I will be headed to Missouri to visit my sons who live in Missouri. We've decided, reluctantly, to let Granny stay by herself while we are gone. It's a similar feeling as when I was leaving my sons home alone for the first time. David will be here each morning and again at quitting time. He only lives ten miles from me so if she needs anything he is close. Also the neighbor will come and help her if need be. We had talked about her going to stay with one of my brothers while we are gone but she is insistant that she will be fine. She feels that staying alone is something she needs to do. My biggest concern is should she fall while no one is here.

Hi all! Sam, I can so relate to your reluctance to leaving your mom at home alone. She will probably enjoy some time to herself, at least you have family close by to check on her. Hopefully by the time you get this way the weather and leaves will be beautiful. Its been dry again, so we may not have much color in the leaves this fall, but its still a great time to wander through our neck of the woods.

MamaG---there is NEVER enough time in a day...lol!!! At least the weather is a little better now. Hope all is well with you.

Everyone have a great afternoon!!!!

Back
Top Bottom