Open Letter to the People who FREAK OUT because I eat my chickens.....

Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree with all of you. I have had chickens for eggs for almost two years now. I enjoy them so much and love providing eggs for my family and neighbors. A funny sidenote, I offered some eggs to my brother in-law last time we saw him. He was very reluctant and wondered if they should be PASTURIZED!! No kidding!! He declined. We just got our first batch of meaties and I told my five year old right away that we were going to eat them. He said "Eat them!" I said "yep." He said, "bagaa" Well it sounded more chicken like when he said it. By the way, I use to be one of those people who liked to think their meat didn't come from an animal , it was just food from the store. I am proud to be a smart country girl!!

hi i live in plymouth ct and i need information about how many animals i can have on almost 4 acres of land

Quote:
What kind of animal??..........I live in Bristol CT so my town ordinances are different from yours. The easiest way to find out is stop by Town Hall and ask. In Bristol you need 3 acres for the first animal and a acre for each one after that. However that is livestock and chickens are considered fowl. I also believe dogs are a whole different rule. Sometimes you can find the ordinances on- ine, but I find them difficult to understand that way and much perfer popping into Town Hall and asking. Good luck!

Quote:
That cat better watch out or he might turn into tacos
lau.gif

I know this questions doesn't really fit in here, but we're at a point where we're considering slaughtering a goat, so what I would like to know is, do they also have spasms/convulsions like chickens do? I mean, chickens are quite small, but how would you go about containing a goat if they do the same thing? As you can tell, I'm still becoming a country boy...
lol.png

Thanks for any advice regarding this.

I think it's great that you 'grow' what you eat. I would like to reach that point one day, but for now I will be content to eat the eggs my hens lay & wait for milk from my goats!

I am having a boyfreind problem. He doesn't want to kill an extra rooster that I have, nor the hen that cannot produce anything but soft shelled eggs! (Yes they have access to oyster shell) The "extra" rooster is not pleasant either. He attacks me when he can. I think this is because we lost 5 hens, one his favorite, two weeks ago to a dog. Any ideas? Time the great healer? I did order 25 more laying hens, and 5 meaties. Maybe he will be over it by then. Sigh...
th.gif

Oh, I'm sorry...must have given the wrong impression... I do all the butchering. He did it once, but was kinda shaken, so I took over. No problem for me. He must be soft hearted or something...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom