Opening eggs

have the blood vessels dried out yet?? if there's no more blood in the membrane you might crack the sides down a little for him.. you've already helped this far....

i think i lost one of mine because he was too big for his egg and couldn't get positioned right...

Im back-had a bday party to go to...SOunds like hes trying to come out---dont open the bator--just watch mommy-say a little prayer for him and step back to watch-I know its hard trust me but youve done all you can right now--be patient:) The blood and veins need to be absorbed through his belly and I believe when they hatch this action with moving and such is what helps move the yolk in their bellies-at least I remember reading that on here a time or two...the other chicks are so cute-oh yes and the chick who falls asleep standing up and then slowly drops their heads to the floor is normal. They are toddlers that fall asleep in the highchair eating! LOL....their awake and running ops nope slowing down..ooops fell on the floor past out snoring! yup thats normal

He's not out yet, but he's out a lot more.... My husband is watching him today as he's off work. I rinsed him off a little this morning and he looked to be drinking the water... I don't know if he's going to make it. I think he's exhausted.

Quote:
If he does make it out he will be very tired and will rest alot-remember if he absorbed his yolk fully-he is not starving nor thirsty right off the bat-so if you dont see him getting up to eat or drink that is normal for a bit.

Last edited:
sonew123, thanks for the damp paper towel wrap idea for the "shrink wrap" issue. Brilliant!

aalbury, good luck to your last chick in bator. I have learned something from every incubation, so many scenarios. Congrats on your other hatched chicks, count your blessings whenever they come! Just a thought, maybe someone out there has a recipe for a solution to "pep up" tired chicks (or newly arrived shipped chicks) when they start to drink, electrolytes or karo syrup & water.

Last edited by a moderator:

Back
Top Bottom