operating system advice needed

Yeah, he didn't have much luck with shooters. With most of the MMO's the lag wasn't bad. Two in particular were very bad. It depended on a few different factors. It all started out as a wacky experiment that no expected to work at all.
gig.gif

Bluemoon

Quote:
'Not compatible with' often just means 'didn't bother to try it with'. Some tweaking can often do wonders.

I still play a lot of my dos based games on my current computer.

Quote:
'Not compatible with' often just means 'didn't bother to try it with'. Some tweaking can often do wonders.

I still play a lot of my dos based games on my current computer.

So do I.
smile.png

I went to college for multi media, and animations. I've worked with lots of different programs, and computers. We build our own computers at our house now. That way we get what we want in our way with a few tweaks here and there.
wink.png
I admit it, I'm a geek.

Bluemoon

Quote:
We have dual boot on all the computers, XP/Simpy Mepis Linux. My wife uses Linux all the time, I switch between the systems. I like Linux much better but some things are designed not to run on Linux, Thank You MS for sticking it to us.

For most tasks Linux is faster, smaller, more secure, and once setup correctly just a joy to work with. NetFlix is one of the sites designed not to work on Linux. Something is just not right about that.

I was just wondering if I could have both!

Thanks to all for input!

Back
Top Bottom