Operation Rehab...is there any hope for her?

Sorry I didn't update last night. She seems to be doing better again! Not sure what happened that night but I was scared. Here are some pictures from yesterday so you can see the progress she's making

In this one you can see her wing feathers are finally coming in!
I can deff tell improvement. So glad to hear shes going in the right direction, Had us all scared..

Thanks everybody. She had me scared. I was so nervous to open the coop door the next morning and when I did I see her peeking around the corner at me quacking lol She spent a couple hours out in the fenced in area outside with the other ducks/geese today after her swim. I was happy to see that they are starting to accept her. Still have to watch because in a frenzy they trample her because she isn't fast enough to move. But she walked around quite a bit today to be with them.

Oh wonderful!
big_smile.png

Did I ask about a seizure?
I guess it could be one........

You didn't lol I think she accidently wrote her response in with the quote when she quoted you.

I guess maybe it could have been a seizure but it really didn't seem like one. I'm starting to think maybe she was cold and it threw her off or something? I remember last year with my first batch of ducklings I put them in a little pool and then stupid me ran up to pee, they were in the pool for literally 5 minutes and when I came back outside 2 of them were sitting on the bottom with their beaks peaking up....talk about freaking out! They got really stiff for awhile then once I warmed them up they were ok? That was a lesson learned....never turn your back on a duckling in the pool. But she never sank......she must have just caught a chill maybe as the sun wasn't out

When my runners where about 2 months old they took off down to the pond after a day of rain, and one was left behind so I had picked him up and walked him down to the others, he ran in next thing I know the others ran out like mad ducks and the one that was left behind got close to the edge and started to look funny so I ran over to him and picked him up and his legs where like stiffining up and his duckling quack was getting quiter and quiter. That was the worst feeling in the world. I ran him up to the house and got warm water to put him in. Thank god he was fine in minutes. I started to read this thread and im happy to see other people out there doing good for animals and not just putting them down because they need help. I was back and fourth to a enviromental center about 14 miles away or so with a wild gooseling who had a funky foot. (which since then found a new goose family) Its really nice to see people with a heart. :)

Back
Top Bottom