Operation Rehab...is there any hope for her?

I don't mean to worry you, but did you say that you traded them one of your pekins? Considering the state of this little one, I wouldn't trust those owners with another duck. I'm really not trying to judge or anything, just curious if their other birds were well taken care of. If they didn't have the time or inclination to really take care of this duck, they should have done the humane thing and put her down instead of letting the roosters kill her (as someone else said) eventually...
EDIT- Forgot to say: It's AWESOME that you are taking care of this duck. She's going to be such a cute, spoiled duck!

Last edited:
So kind of you to care for that duck. Our Pekin duckling is also having a leg issue and I have been giving her/him crushed up niacin. I have also read that Brewer's Yeast is good. I have seen a small improvement but he/she still cannot walk without her feet crossing. :( So I am very interested to hear what you try to do to help Ling and see how she does. I hope she makes a great recovery!! Keep us posted!

So kind of you to care for that duck. Our Pekin duckling is also having a leg issue and I have been giving her/him crushed up niacin. I have also read that Brewer's Yeast is good. I have seen a small improvement but he/she still cannot walk without her feet crossing. :( So I am very interested to hear what you try to do to help Ling and see how she does. I hope she makes a great recovery!! Keep us posted!
I have never used niacin, alot of folks have and swear by it. I went for the brewers yeast, found it at our only Health food store but since my duckling was in the house not with the flock i didn't want to take a chance on him having leg problems or getting angel wings. Another thing is Sunshine it's is great for the health of our birds. of course they need shade in the heat of the day but abundant sunshine makes for healthy birds and us.
big_smile.png

She really seems alot better today, still can't walk but is eating and drinking like a champ. And I also noticed.....even though we have only had her a day the feathers on her back are starting to come back in!

She really seems alot better today, still can't walk but is eating and drinking like a champ. And I also noticed.....even though we have only had her a day the feathers on her back are starting to come back in!
celebrate.gif
Can you imagine not being able to walk and not being able to get to food and water? Heartless is the way I see people that won't at least try to help an animal or person for that matter. Sounds like she is heading in the right direction and I know you are relieved. Eating and drinking are awesome signs
wee.gif

If I hadn't asked to take her.....I couldn't imagine she'd be alive for much longer. She is now in her own safe pen, where she can still see the others but they can't bother her, her own food and water with vitamins in it. And all the love and attention I can give her.....which she is enjoying! Eventhough it's only been a day...I, myself, am extremely happy with her progress!

Back
Top Bottom