Opinion on Automatic Chicken Doors

Pics
How does it handle the cold? I'm in Montana, -15 to -20 a few times over winter.
It handles it well. During our coldest times, sometimes it was "slow" to raise. I thought the battery was getting old, so I bought another one to have on hand...when the weather warmed up slightly, the door was back to running as normal. Still have the "new" battery in a drawer.

Because it was light very early in the morning I had been letting them out at 6 a.m. but a fox snaffled one of my girls so I put the timer back to 9 a.m. Also I want my chickens to lay their eggs in the nest boxes not all over the farmyard and have to go hunting them down.
My coop is under a tree so the sensor shuts the door before they have gone to bed, especially when the tree is in full leaf, so I still have to go out there to open it to let the stop outs to bed. Consequently for me the sensor was not an option and didn't make life easier I tried it and was not happy with it, that is why I bought a door that gave me the option to be flexible. I want the options of being able to do, what I want to do, not be dictated to by a company that thinks it knows better, when said company does not know every ones set up, so IMO said company is losing trade to those that want an option and are not being given it.
I know this is an older post but … does this mean that the Ador only functions on light of day so if I wanted the door to open at a different hour I could not adjust this?

There is a way to set it to open after day break but you would need to know what time day break is ie; 2 hours after daybreak. Myself I prefer the Chicken Guard as I can set it on the timer to open and shut whenever I want. ie: 9 am every morning regardless of light.
It’s either the Ador it Onlet. Still undecided …
You sound like me. I also narrowed it down to these two. I didn’t like the idea of a string. The gear driven door seemed like a better idea. Also hearing about customer service and the ability to buy replacement components finally steered me towards the Ador1. I also ordered a manual button. They shipped it the same day I ordered. Ordered from their website, not amazon. It should be here Monday. I can’t wait!!
How do you like the Ador1?

Back
Top Bottom