Opinion On Chickens/Waterfowl to add to my flock.

BabyandCotton

Songster
Jun 14, 2016
Florida
Should I buy from Cackle
A bantam assortment
A Waterfowl assortment( I already own one Muscovy;would the geese/ducks get along with her?)
A turkey assortment
A Cochin assortment
A random chicken assortment
Happy cackle
A Hatchery Surprise.
Opinions and pictures welcome! Any thing I need to worry about with cackle etc?

I think it depends on where in the country you live: Is it cold, hot, etc. How much room do you have? I selected my breeds based on hardiness (I live in New England) and friendliness (these are pets). Also, are these sexed? Do you have a plan for roosters? A plan for drake ducks? My drake is a jerk and I wish I got all females like I did with my chickens. Bantams are great for smaller areas, but if you free range, they are more susceptible to predators (my sister got the bantam assortment and is down to 3). Their eggs are also little. But I think getting a "mystery box" has some excitement to it, but knowing what I know now, I definitely am happy I paid extra to get particular breeds and only got hens. I think Cackle comes recommended. Maybe others have input =)

I think it depends on where in the country you live: Is it cold, hot, etc.  How much room do you have? I selected my breeds based on hardiness (I live in New England) and friendliness (these are pets). Also, are these sexed? Do you have a plan for roosters? A plan for drake ducks? My drake is a jerk and I wish I got all females like I did with my chickens. Bantams are great for smaller areas, but if you free range, they are more susceptible to predators (my sister got the bantam assortment and is down to 3). Their eggs are also little. But I think getting a "mystery box" has some excitement to it, but knowing what I know now, I definitely am happy I paid extra to get particular breeds and only got hens. I think Cackle comes recommended. Maybe others have input =)
Alright! Thank you!!

Back
Top Bottom