Opinion on incubator

BroosterSpringsteen

Songster
8 Years
May 15, 2011
NW North Carolina
I'm asking for an upgrade to my old worn-out Hovabator for Christmas this year. I've narrowed down my choices to either the Brinsea Octagon 20 Advance or the R-com 20 Suro. They're basically the same price. The Brinsea has a humidity gauge, but no humidity control without the pump. The Suro claims to have humidity control. Does it? Or is it just a digital display like the Brinsea? Any opinions on these incubators? I find a lot more reviews for the Brinsea than the Suro, but good reviews all around for both.

I think they both hold 24. Having an egg limit is good for me. It keeps me from getting carried away. This summer I bought so many hatching eggs, I have them stacked on top of each other in the turner.
big_smile.png

Leaning towards the Brinsea. There seem to be a lot of Brinsea fans.

I think they both hold 24. Having an egg limit is good for me. It keeps me from getting carried away. This summer I bought so many hatching eggs, I have them stacked on top of each other in the turner. :D

Leaning towards the Brinsea. There seem to be a lot of Brinsea fans.
I need to hatch enough to break even :D That's my excuse! hahah

I never stacked them two high. You can do that? I'm going to blame you when my fiance gets mad at me for doing it :celebrate

Yes! You can stack them! I saw in the forums where someone said the Hovabator turner will hold another 13 eggs in a second layer, but if you add more than that, the turner will stop working. It worked for me.

Back
Top Bottom