Quail Incubators - Borotto vs Rcom - Opinions?

BrandonsBirbs

Thanks HopKat for my PFM ♥
Feb 22, 2022
Berkshire, England
I am looking for a new incubator, want it to be big enough to be able to hatch over 24 quails (around 60 would be amazing) with a possibility of using it for small chicken breeds in the future. I have compiled a list after talking to a few professionals but I couldn't find many opinions on these incubators.

- Rcom King Suro Max 20 £240
- Rcom 20 Max £300

Both with humidity pumps, can't find them sold without.

- Borotto Lumia 8 Auto £140
- Lumia 16 Auto £165
- Borotto Real 24 Auto £190

All without the Sirio pumps. Extra £85 for the pump.

I have looked at Brinsea's but two of the people I have spoke with said both Rcoms are cheaper and better.

Generally looking for bang for my buck but naturally if one is particularly good I'm not against spending a little more.

Idk if you know this (I didn't before I purchased) but the borotto lumia 16 does not have a humidity sensor in it. Just the temp and nothing else :) I have not had it through a full hatch so I can't back it but it seems like a quality machine? If a bit simple

Idk if you know this (I didn't before I purchased) but the borotto lumia 16 does not have a humidity sensor in it. Just the temp and nothing else :) I have not had it through a full hatch so I can't back it but it seems like a quality machine? If a bit simple
Very true about the humidity but as I dry hatch it isn't something I explicitly needed ^^ I ended up with the Lumia and got to say it's a good looking machine. Very simple, as you say. Had a few cracked eggs not sure if they were from transport or from the incubator

Very true about the humidity but as I dry hatch it isn't something I explicitly needed ^^ I ended up with the Lumia and got to say it's a good looking machine. Very simple, as you say. Had a few cracked eggs not sure if they were from transport or from the incubator
I've had 3 cracked eggs, I think one was from transport but I'm wondering if when the turning trays move some of the smaller eggs sort of 'fall' to the other side? So maybe but can't say for sure :) I might try putting a spacer in the center of the groups of 4 next batch as a test haha

Back
Top Bottom