Opinions on Automatic Coop Doors?

We were given one with our chickens. We haven't used it because we noticed our new chickens don't always go in the coop. In fact, the older ladies just roost on top of the coop. So we just didn't set up the automatic door and just pick them up to put them in the coop at night. 530pm (now 430) and the 2 old ladies are on top of the coop. Its cute because it lets me knownits time to start dinner lol

You can program the omlet door to open and close at whatever time you choose. The times are military, so you dont need AM and PM. The time of day needs to be set first to your time zone. My hens do not go into their coop until the last light hours. I never thought about sunset and last light. I program my door for about 10 minutes after last light to close to make sure they are all in. If you can get them in somehow before that you can always close the door by pressing the Ok button. it will close within, I believe, 4 seconds. You can also open it the same way. I am very happy with the door. If the batteries fail you can open the door by unscrewing the screws on the door "handle" indents and pull it open or shut. Hope this helps. If you need any more help let me know.

Back
Top Bottom