Opinions on Stand Mixers

I have the kind where the bowl lifts up to the mixer. The professional kind I guess? I ADORE IT!! Even when I am not using it, I love seeing it on my counter. Mine is a beautiful deep red... I am not sure what they called it. not the cherry red and not orangy. My husband surprised me with it on my birthday a few years ago. You cannot go wrong.

Get one and NOT use it? Really? I can't imagine! I use mine daily. I'm considering getting another bowl because I'm always washing it to do something else.

It is probably the best investment for someone who enjoys cooking and baking. That and some really great knives.

I don't know how I would live without my Kitchen Aid mixer. This machine has made counts pounds of dog snack,pizza crust, cakes you name it. What I like the best is the attachments you can purchase for them. I use the pasta( noodle) maker all the time. Cuts down on the time to prepare tremdously. I can make 6 pounds of noodles in less that and hour. You can't go wrong with this mixer.

I have both and use both, there are some things that a hand mixer is great for....I am still using my Sunbeam harvest gold hand mixer from 1974 and it works great
smile.png
I have the professional kitchenaid 6 qt. and I love it. I too have limited counter space soooo I keep it in the hall closet ha ha.....but I am very happy to have it.

Quote:
I love mine and I use it all the time.... my only regret is that the one hubby bought me does not have alot of horsepower so I asked for an upgrade and hope to have it for my birthday in August!! They have all sorts of attachments and I love grinding my own meat with it....

They have attachments for:

Graters/Slicers
Meat Grinder
Sausage Stuffer
Pasta Maker
Ravioli Maker
Ice Cream Maker (WOW!)
Vegetable grinder/strainer

They all attach to that front knob on the mixer. I didn't know they had all these - I think I need to go shopping....

Get a Kitchen Aid!!!! I had a Sunbeam stand mixer years ago and I hated it, so I wasn't sure I wanted another stand mixer. Then, about 8 years ago or so, my husband bought me a nice Kitchen Aid and I fell in love. I use it all the time and now I would never want to be without it. Do you feel sufficiently enabled yet? LOL

About 15+ years ago my parents bought me the Kitchen Aid stand mixer that is the regular kind (artisan) not the professional and I have made countless things in it from mashed potatoes to yeast breads. I have most of the attachements-grinders, shredders, etc. I LOVED it to pieces so I dropped hints last year to my DH to buy me the professional model because it could only be better, right? WRONG. I don't like the professional model, while it is capable of mixing slightly larger batches it leaves dead spaces in the bowl that I have to stop it and scrape down the sides, I can't make mashed potatoes with it so I had to buy a hand mixer to make up for it's short comings. I have heard of others having issues with it over heating and the same dead space problems I've had. Look over on Amazon at some of the user comments there, good and bad. I personally would have rather had a second Artisan than the expensive professional.

Thanks Ladies!!!! I appreciate all your input so very much!!
I just clicked "order" after much deliberation and study. I thought I found the best deal at Sam's, but it was smaller and had no pouring attachment.....and there would be sales tax.....as usual, though, I got the best deal on Amazon, no tax, no shipping, and the pouring attachment so I came out ahead going that route..... My KitchenAid Pro 600 6qt, bowl lift, 10 speed, and just all that wonderful stuff in Licorice is on its way!!
celebrate.gif

Thanks again, this tough decision was fun with all your help!!
clap.gif

My GRANDFATHER bought my grandmother a Kitchenaid about 50+ years ago. It has fallen off the counter while running and is still in great working order! My 60+ mom uses that same mixer to this day.

Hands down spend the $$ and get a kitchenaid. My MIL refuses to get one because of the cost, and so she has burned out 4 countertop mixers. I think that if you add things up she has spent more on those 4 mixers than she would have on one kitchenaid.

I have 2 myself; a 4 1/2 qt and a 5qt. Wanting a 6qt one though!
big_smile.png

Back
Top Bottom