Opossum 0 Male Goose 1

BrendaJ

Songster
7 Years
Sep 1, 2012
Oregon
There was a horrible racket outside tonight. My dogs went nuts. I went outback to find My big male goose fighting a opossum. He was keeping the opossum from getting into the chicken coop & doing a great job too. I grabbed the closest thing - a broom ( giggle ) & smacked that fat little thing away from my goose/chickens & across the yard until it ran under the fence. I know i should have done something more but just reacted. I laugh about it now but i know this could have been bad.
fl.gif

Outpost JWB

Songster
5 Years
Mar 31, 2014
Ohio
So glad it turned out good.....but, my personal experience with predators (never had experience with opossum) is that they come back-sometimes bringing family & friends to dinner with them.. Make sure to do a twice over the coop today & make sure that everything is predator proof. And be on the lookout. Very glad for your gladiator goose!!
celebrate.gif

skunknchatter

Songster
13 Years
Aug 19, 2007
Northern Utah
Hooray for the goose! Now I can tell hubby it's another reason why I need geese ;)

My reaction probably would have been the same as yours. When it comes to killing things I let hubby do that. But I'm pretty good with a broom myself. Maybe we should play a game of Opossum/broom hockey...

BrendaJ

Songster
7 Years
Sep 1, 2012
Oregon

Looks like protection mode was kicked in for a reason
celebrate.gif
the King is protecting everyone & the nest :)

Outpost JWB

Songster
5 Years
Mar 31, 2014
Ohio
Hooray for the goose! Now I can tell hubby it's another reason why I need geese ;)

My reaction probably would have been the same as yours. When it comes to killing things I let hubby do that. But I'm pretty good with a broom myself. Maybe we should play a game of Opossum/broom hockey...
yuckyuck.gif

Top Bottom