Opossum in chicken coop

I would not release you predictors any where near people. I would be pretty upset if some one was releasing there varmints near my property. just more work for me.
I would be upset too, I release Possums in a flood plane surrounded by an industrial area that is filled with Venomous snakes. Possums feed on Venomous snakes and are immune to the venom. I release cats on the spot because they might be a pet, some I know are strays but I let them go and feed them because I like stray cats. Raccoons and Rats I put down. I know about Possums and horses and will not release possums with in 5 miles of horses (that's a bit hard to comply with but I found a place to release them). as I said I find a place beneficial to the animal and the habitat.

I would be upset too, I release Possums in a flood plane surrounded by an industrial area that is filled with Venomous snakes. Possums feed on Venomous snakes and are immune to the venom. I release cats on the spot because they might be a pet, some I know are strays but I let them go and feed them because I like stray cats. Raccoons and Rats I put down. I know about Possums and horses and will not release possums with in 5 miles of horses (that's a bit hard to comply with but I found a place to release them). as I said I find a place beneficial to the animal and the habitat.
Ok that's great to hear . Like Im one to judge but ya . I like stray cats to they 're more alert and quick to learn . We have them around here too. They don't bother my chickens tho

Ok that's great to hear . Like Im one to judge but ya . I like stray cats to they 're more alert and quick to learn . We have them around here too. They don't bother my chickens tho
I have lost a chicken or 2 to stray cats but they catch one chicken and leave with it. They do not kill the whole flock and just eat the heads. I love cats in general so I can't harm them. I also can not tell what is a stray and what is a pet. If I feed them they will not take on a chicken so I feed them.

I thank the stars above me daily I have not had one in the time we have lived here almost 6 years first we had my Labrador then rescued a GSD then in fit of stupid got a puppy white black eyes pyrenees nope no double dues in back none removed crazy white dog but out crazy white I do not believe we can dump an animal

I had a possum many years ago before I had electric wire around my coops and pens dig under a fence and kill a bird. I put a trap out there and caught it the next night because I didn't know what had dug under the fence. I had left the body out to see what would show up. Here they mostly roam at night. Another time I had chunks of rat bait disappearing in the barn. I put up a camera to see what was taking the bait and after some research found they are immune to the rat poison.
dscf00051012-02-jpg.1911377

Back
Top Bottom