Oral Duramyacin for bumblefoot

Rt66Kix

Songster
6 Years
Feb 21, 2017
St. Louis, MO area
My EE rooster did have bumblefoot...did soaking for a few days and then was able to remove a huge plug which was by a toenail. Bandaged it with Neosporin for several days, and it did get somewhat better. However, there's still swelling and he's not completely weight bearing yet. Not seeing any abrasions or holes, so I'm thinking it's infected inside and healed over.

What is the dilution of Duramyacin to put in his drinking water? Or I could syringe it into him. I can't do injections...TIA

What product do you have? Can you post a picture of the label? Most bumblefoot I have treated took a while to heal, and I have never used antibiotics. In June, most antibiotics will need a prescription, online and in stores.

What product do you have? Can you post a picture of the label? Most bumblefoot I have treated took a while to heal, and I have never used antibiotics. In June, most antibiotics will need a prescription, online and in stores.
I haven't bought it yet. My TSC has Duramyacin, and I was going there this afternoon.

If it is long acting or Duramycin LA, you can give an injection once into the breast muscle, or once every 3 days. Just insert the needle 1/4 inch deep in the deepest part of the breast muscle. Have someone help hold her. If you insist on giving it orally, which it is not meant for, post 1 here may help you:
https://www.backyardchickens.com/threads/miracle-la-200-dosage-and-vetrx-for-crd-treatment.631458/

There are 2 strengths available for Duramycin I believe, the 200mg per ml and the 300mg per ml.

Back
Top Bottom