orally (tube) feeding Poultry Cell & B-12 do I mix with anything?

Aug 17, 2020
Quebec, Canada
hi, I am preparing to tube feed Rooster Booster brand Poultry Cell and their liquid B-12. Do I mix them with water in the syringe? (or juice or something else), or do I give it pure?

Also, can I give them at the same time or should I stagger this?

much thanks from me and from Charlotte :)

Poultry Cell can be given orally 1 ml for each 3 pounds of weight without dilution. What does your label say for the B12? If you tube feed, you would need to follow with a little water to flush the tube. How much tube feeding are you giving, and is she not eating on her own?

Poultry Cell can be given orally 1 ml for each 3 pounds of weight without dilution. What does your label say for the B12? If you tube feed, you would need to follow with a little water to flush the tube. How much tube feeding are you giving, and is she not eating on her own?
Both labels say 1ml to 3ml daily.

She had a bunch of issues and had stopped eating. I began tube feeding thinking it was palliative but she recovered from everything except weakness in her legs, and she hasn't been eating. She drinks water now (she didn't for a while)

She was paralyzed for a week, now she can 'pedal' with her legs, but she isn't trying to stand. I pick her up several times a day, she flopps with her wings and legs, but there isn't much strength. I tried duck egg yolks, but she digests chicken yolks better. I tried baby parrot powder dissolved per their instructions. Initially I tried yoghurt. I tried chick feed ground up with a coffee grinder, soaked it, then through a sieve to get the soup texture for the tube.

The original issue was peritonitis, which I thought would be fatal, but she somehow recovered. :)

She isn't in pain, (but she is profoundly irked at her state).

I chatted with someone here who had a hen go lame (Polish) and it took 3 days of poultry cell to get her up. (She had been on nutri-drench to no effect.

I put both b-12 and poultry cell (2ml each) into the syringe with water to make 10ml and gave it to her.

Back
Top Bottom