Orange string in rooster poop

Martyna

Hatching
May 8, 2021
Found this orange stringy thing in our roosters poop this morning. Is it a worm? Coccidiosis?
7A0EB957-53C5-4FEB-BF55-B48037F9C987.jpeg

It looks to me like a string of blood and mucus from the intestinal tract. How old is the rooster? Coccidiosis is usually a problem with young birds. Worms can also cause blood in droppings. Valbazen or SafeGuard Liquid Goat Wormer are both good for worm treatment.

It looks to me like a string of blood and mucus from the intestinal tract. How old is the rooster? Coccidiosis is usually a problem with young birds. Worms can also cause blood in droppings. Valbazen or SafeGuard Liquid Goat Wormer are both good for worm treatment.
Thank you for your response! He is about 6 months old. I was thinking to treat with safeguard and corid. Do you know if there’d be any risk in that if coccidiosis isn’t the problem? Or with treating both possibilities simultaneously?

Thank you for your response! He is about 6 months old. I was thinking to treat with safeguard and corid. Do you know if there’d be any risk in that if coccidiosis isn’t the problem? Or with treating both possibilities simultaneously?
I believe in this situation you treat for coccidiosis first; but as eggcessive stated it’s probably not coccidiosis. It does look like normal intestinal shedding to me. But treating them with Corid even if they don’t have cocci won’t hurt them. You can do a decal float test to check for worms.

Back
Top Bottom