Orchid Growers?

31900_dsc02116.jpg

this is the only one in bloom right now. they usually bloom during the winter and can last up to 6 months.

I used to grow orchids. I finally gave them up after realizing how much space they were taking up in my garden window. I only got about 3 months or so of blooms, and couldn't guarantee that they would all bloom each year. So I am more in to succulents, and ordinary houseplants. I do have an Anthurium that blooms nearly all year long.

I have to say, I do LOVE my spider plant! My mom had one, but she forgot to water it for months and it died. So, I took the one bit of barely alive plant (It was on one of those branch things) and rooted it. I LOVE it when it flowers because it's so pretty! I'll have to change the topic to Houseplant growers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

When I started my job at the current place I work, I was in training in one of the computer labs for a couple weeks. It's an inside room of the building, no windows, and usually no or low lights. There was a little lonely plant in the corner, two 3" long leaves, and BONE dry. I finally finished training, poor plant never had care, so I took it and left a note with my new desk location, if the owner ever wanted to claim it.

After 6 months, I had this:
54632_orchid.jpg

It desperately needs repotting, but I don't know how to handle most houseplants, let alone orchids (I kill most houseplants). It's sending a new thingy out now to make another stem of flowers
smile.png
I love it!

Back
Top Bottom