Order placed babies due 4/20!!

I presently have Golden laced wyandottes, Americaunas, ISA Brown, Leghorn, Turken, and a barred rock rooster. The new ladies should round out our color palette nicely. Blue rock? Similar to Barred rock? And I have not heard of mystic maran, I will have to look that one up. I really, really wanted Sapphire Gem, or Blue Sapphire, but not with the 35 small order fee.
Blue Rock is another name for Sapphire Gem. She was my DSs pick, very friendly, first to lay & lays often, a light brown/cream egg. ❤️ Mystic Marans is a hybrid Marans cross, their eggs are much darker than the others but they haven’t laid in a nesting box yet! (Mostly on the floor, once in the run🙄). How are your turkens and leghorns? You will have a nice colorful flock! That’s what we are aiming for as well, along with a variety of egg colors. 😊

Blue Rock is another name for Sapphire Gem. She was my DSs pick, very friendly, first to lay & lays often, a light brown/cream egg. ❤️ Mystic Marans is a hybrid Marans cross, their eggs are much darker than the others but they haven’t laid in a nesting box yet! (Mostly on the floor, once in the run🙄). How are your turkens and leghorns? You will have a nice colorful flock! That’s what we are aiming for as well, along with a variety of egg colors. 😊
I did look at the copper Maran pretty long, too, but went with welsummer for the darker eggs. We got the Leghorn, ISa Brown, and Turken together, we call them the triplets, because they always hang out together. Banana, (Leghorn) is the most reliable layer, a pretty white egg 6 days a week, she is small but mighty, not aggressive, but holds her own with hens 2x her size. Nadia (Turken) is one of my favorites, her personality is so sweet, a good layer, odd elongated almost pale pink light brown eggs 4/5 a week. She will come peer in the glass french doors if my husband let's them out in the morning instead of me.Loves to be petted and dramatically throws herself down if I pet or pick someone up before her. She and Lacy (ISA Brown) let my grands pet them, too.

Finally placed an order for babies. I'm sure we got carried away, but so many to choose from!
2 Rhode Island Reds
2 Leghorn
2 New Hampshire Reds
2 Black Australorps
2 Speckled Sussex
2 Wellsummer
1 Ancona
1 Jaergon
It was so hard to pick!
I got the itch too and placed an order :lau ....congrats on your new spring babies!

Ohh, the surprise pick sounds fun! Congratulations! I went later to not fight with cold temperatures, lol.
I was going to wait too, but my neighbor went in on the order so it's a total of 15 chicks and they'll throw in a heat pack if the weather is crap, hoping it's not :fl And ya a surprise breed does seem exciting, I love a variety of breeds and egg colors

Back
Top Bottom