Order Up. Toaster oven Hatch-A-Long

Pics
I just set 16 more eggs. This time I chose to set less eggs than last time. I know that the incubator is a little colder in the back than it is in the front. I thought last time that things would be ok if I moved the eggs in and out of the colder zone as I turned them. Things didn’t go well so this time I am not setting any eggs in that back row.

I am also running the fan at a lower speed than I did before the lower speed doesn’t look like it is affecting the temperature but it does seem to give me more control over humidity. I had to close the vents almost completely to bring the humidity up before. I think the fan was blowing the humidity out the vents. With the slower fan speed it hold the humidity in better than before.
List of eggs set?

List of eggs set?
There were 4 Marans, I’m not positive if they came from Betty or Penny Since Gena decided to set on eggs in everybody’s favorite nest box the rest of the girls have been laying their eggs all over the place and I haven’t figured out the new patterns. 4 eggs from Blue for OE backcross to Marans. The remaining 8 are from Oreo my barred rock for the sexlinked Midnight Marans
IMG_4502.jpeg

There were 4 Marans, I’m not positive if they came from Betty or Penny Since Gena decided to set on eggs in everybody’s favorite nest box the rest of the girls have been laying their eggs all over the place and I haven’t figured out the new patterns. 4 eggs from Blue for OE backcross to Marans. The remaining 8 are from Oreo my barred rock for the sexlinked Midnight Marans View attachment 3797108
If we're picking numbers again. I pick #4....😉
It looks to be the darkest, altho #3 has some pretty speckles.
My eyes are noticing #2-3-4 are from the same hen possibly. #1 looks different.

Edited to add....Blue is laying quite the Olive variation.🙂

If we're picking numbers again. I pick #4....😉
It looks to be the darkest, altho #3 has some pretty speckles.
My eyes are noticing #2-3-4 are from the same hen possibly. #1 looks different.

Edited to add....Blue is laying quite the Olive variation.🙂

Sure you can pick #4. In pretty sure #1,2&4 are from Betty. #3 is the one that might be from Penny. Penny usually lays eggs that with better speckles than Betty. Egg#1 looks different from the rest because it has a pretty heavy bloom covering up the dark color.

Back
Top Bottom