Order Up. Toaster oven Hatch-A-Long

Pics

Tstraub

Crowing
Apr 6, 2023
Bluffton, Indiana
IMG_4320.jpeg

IMG_4319.jpeg

I'm setting 21 eggs from my backyard flock in my modified toaster oven incubator I have successfully hatched eggs in this incubator before my last run had about a 50% hatch rate with several fully developed chicks dead in the shell I have made some improvements to the incubator and plan to run it at a lower humidity this round in hopes of improving the hatch rate.

To keep with the oven theme all eggs have been marked with a number. These numbers will correspond to an egg or chicken food item in the menu below. Please feel free to place your order and cheer on any of these eggs.

The Sire should be my Black Copper Marans Cockerel Axl. There is a small chance that some of these eggs were fertilized by my leghorn mix rooster that the had been with the girls few weeks prior so if any hatch out white his contributions might still be in play
IMG_4315.jpeg

The Ladies
IMG_4281.jpeg
Eggs 1-5 are from my French Black Copper Marans Betty

1. Coq au Vin-CatInTheHenHouse
2. Suoffle OUT
3. Mayonnaise OUT
4. Quiche-Daniel Grey
5. French Toast - wrathsfarm
IMG_4316.jpeg
Eggs 6-11 are from my olive egger Blue

6. Omlet- TwoCrows
7. Over Easy
8. Scrambled- GreenJay
9. Dutch Baby-Alexandra Runner
10. Fried Chicken
11. Chicken and Noodles-CloneFly
IMG_4318.jpeg
Eggs 12-18 are from my Barred Rock Oreo. This is a sex linked pairing all males should be born with a white spot on their heads. Anyone choosing one of these is encouraged to predict the gender and hopefully I can witness the hatch and verify the gender

12. Boiled
13. Poached - Debbie292d
14. Fried Egg - Rock17
15. Pickled Egg-BackroadGirl57 predicts girl
16. Chicken Alfredo- GirlsHuntToo predicts girl
17. Rotisserie Chicken
18. Chicken Nuggets-Nym
IMG_4313.jpeg
Eggs 19-21 came from my Olive Egger, Cocoa
19. Egg salad
20. Chicken salad
21. Egg Noodles-ChickenLoverTrin

Last edited:
I've got 7 in the Bator from my girl Betty, also. So it'll be like a 'sista' hatch... 🤣
Nice, I hope your hatch goes well. I know you have committed on Blue a few times, she is not only a good looking bird she one of my best layers. I collected these eggs over 7 days and Blue laid 6 eggs. The only one that beat her was the Barred rock who went 7/7.

Back
Top Bottom