Ordered 6 chicks-I only want 3-4 chickens-was that the right idea?

got to love chicken math, over a year ago when i first decided only wanted 15, and absolutely no roos, i now have 36 hehe with eggs going in bator this week and i have 4 roos hehe

I think I shall commit to leaving my signature as is, so I can look back and laugh at it in future years...

Quote:
same here
roll.png
lol but really i did in anaiml math i'll have 2 pets soon 3 with chicks then 4 with rabbits
lol.png

Quote:
Completely understand!! My daighter is doing a 4H project, started off with six. She is doing fancy chickens so I thought why not get some pullets, 6 more total of 12. Then I added 6 Silkies, staright run, not sure what we have yet, but hopefully 1 lady. 0 to 18 in 2 weeks. Coop is 4x8 so why not some fresh eggs.
lol.png

my hubby always freaks out every year when I get a new bunch of 6 but 4yr later.... I'm down to 4 hens!
sad.png
Had a few that ended up roos that we had to re-locate to new homes and the others were lost to preditors and one that litterally got scared to death when I was cutting the grass! (felt so horrible!!!) It's hard because we get very attatched, but truth is, they can leave us very quickly.... always better to have a few extra!
smile.png

Oh jeez, I had not even thought of lawn mowing. I live on the corner of a somewhat busy street, so hopefully (since I am starting with day-olds) they will be well-acclimatized to ambulance sirens, fire-trucks, and the like.

Quote:
ep.gif

Scared to death from the lawn mower - Geeze ! That's horrible !

My girls won't get out of the darned way ! We have a little front loader/tractor and they follow it around - walking under it, behind it etc. We need to chase them out of the way so we can move ...
gig.gif

Back
Top Bottom