Ordered chicks and got a suprise!

lauriefishies

Chirping
Nov 16, 2018
I ordered 5 Bantam chicks from Cackle and when I opened the box there were 14 chicks. Is this normal. I did expect a few more but not this many and definitely not standard chicks. Unfortunately lost 2 bantam chicks which is a bummer. I believe they sent me 6 White crested polish and one Silver Laced Polish. Didnt really want standard chicks and definitely not that many. Wish they sent Naked Necks because I just love them.

Attachments

• 20200313_075519.jpg
    20200313_075519.jpg
    238.9 KB · Views: 36
  • 20200315_172143.jpg
    20200315_172143.jpg
    227.3 KB · Views: 32
  • 20200315_172045.jpg
    20200315_172045.jpg
    305.2 KB · Views: 36
We get extras from Cackle with every order, and they've been more of the breeds already in the order. But we also order more, and think that five bantams would really be at risk as the only birds in a shipment.
Maybe you are meant to have Polish!
Those extra chicks may be easy to sell later, if they aren't what you want to keep.
And they are really all cute!
Mary

They are adorable. I am sure if you don't want them SOMEONE will.

Now I am wondering what I will find in my order of 7 ducks coming in 2 weeks. 🤔
I guess you never know.
Was my first time ordering from hatchery. I wanted to make sure they had mareks vaccine due to the lameness then death of two hens before. I was really surprised opening up the box and seeing 7 extra little noggins with pom poms looking at me! All I could think is wow I need a bigger coop and oh no I hope there's no big roosters!

I guess you never know.
Was my first time ordering from hatchery. I wanted to make sure they had mareks vaccine due to the lameness then death of two hens before. I was really surprised opening up the box and seeing 7 extra little noggins with pom poms looking at me! All I could think is wow I need a bigger coop and oh no I hope there's no big roosters!

I bet it was a chin drop moment. :gig

While I wouldn't mind an extra duck or 2 in my order I sure don't want any big ole peking drakes.

Update Someone did want some Polish chicks near me. I gave them four and kept three. With my luck the ones I kept will be all cockerels LOL!

The really rounded pom poms have me thinking you have girls. They are still young yet so I could be very wrong.

My ducklings came with only what I ordered.....I am good with that as 7 are quite messy as it is.

The really rounded pom poms have me thinking you have girls. They are still young yet so I could be very wrong.

My ducklings came with only what I ordered.....I am good with that as 7 are quite messy as it is.
I love ducks but don't have them cause they are messy. That's great you only had one extra.

Back
Top Bottom